Thread: Help with LED Lighting please.

Thanks

Default Help with LED Lighting please.

hey guys thanks for responding if you get the chance. so I have an order of 10 Auto feminised Gorilla Glue seeds on their way to me from the UK however i'm abit scared that the lighting equipment that came with my Grow kit just simply isn't strong enough to feed these girls, the kit came with 2x 45watt LED grow panels, but I have since found out that these panels are for growing vegetables or fruit and not recommended for cannabis growing, I have found on ebay 500watt and 1000 watt LED panels that seem affordable and well reviewed but I only want to grow two Female plants in a 1X1X2 grow tent. would 500w be too much for them to handle or would they thrive underneath that? *NO EXTERNAL LINKS**!! here is a link to the light, and I will attatch a picture of my grow space. I am not open to using CFL or HPS. Strictly LED's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image7.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	359440 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_image2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	359441
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 23-04-18 at 09:54 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

You really need to be looking for a wattage figure in the description of the LED that tells you the "Actual draw" of watts from the plug socket.

A 500w LED (if it's a bit shit) may only actually draw 100w when plugged in.

Frankly, if an ad doesn't tell you the "actual wattage" (or similar wording) then I wouldn't touch it.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18), Valentina (23-04-18)

Thanks

For example, look at Bay item number:282905057455 - they describe it as "Avg Power Draw"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks

Apologies - when I read the OP on my phone, I couldn't see the eBay link - that 1000W LED draws well over 500W...that'll do you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

I have same size tent with two plants and I’m using two 450w LEDs with roughly 200 actual watt per LED pannel. I was on buget for my 1st grow but plan on upgrading lights down the line but my plants seem to be doing okay

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-04-18), Herbitual (23-04-18)