Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Appropriate lighting

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,579 Times

Default Appropriate lighting

Hello growers,

I will be growing 1 plant in a 60cmx60cmx160cm tent and was just wondering which light wattage would be most ideal. I will be using LED’s from seedling to harvest, just unsure on the right amount of watts. Will be doing it in a coco/perlite medium using advance nutrients. This will be my first grow and I’ve done a lot of research but have never gotten an answer to this question lol please help!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimCT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SlimCT View Post
    Hello growers,

I will be growing 1 plant in a 60cmx60cmx160cm tent and was just wondering which light wattage would be most ideal. I will be using LED’s from seedling to harvest, just unsure on the right amount of watts. Will be doing it in a coco/perlite medium using advance nutrients. This will be my first grow and I’ve done a lot of research but have never gotten an answer to this question lol please help!
    I have tent size 1mx1mx2m and i have two 450w Meizhi LEDs (actaual watt roughly 200 per light) I was on a budget mind or else i would have bought better quality lights. im not sure what to expect with them lights just going to see how it is at the end. I guess it depends on your budget and im sure someone will give you some good advice on here. Im also 1st time grower and i know it can be hard to decide what to choose at times.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18), SlimCT (22-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    I have tent size 1mx1mx2m and i have two 450w Meizhi LEDs (actaual watt roughly 200 per light) I was on a budget mind or else i would have bought better quality lights. im not sure what to expect with them lights just going to see how it is at the end. I guess it depends on your budget and im sure someone will give you some good advice on here. Im also 1st time grower and i know it can be hard to decide what to choose at times.
    How many plants you got in there mate? & which size pots you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimCT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18), Stickysticky (22-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

LED is always tricky to advise on as there are two measurements... the wattage capability of the LED (which they are sold at) and the running wattage (which is usually in the small print somewhere!)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18), SlimCT (22-04-18), Stickysticky (22-04-18)

Thanks

How many plants you got in there mate? & which size pots you using?

Two plants with 15L fabric pots, Im going to LST and SCROG. Im new so not sure if ive made right choices myself but im sure two plants was right choice for tent size and with LST and SCROG

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    LED is always tricky to advise on as there are two measurements... the wattage capability of the LED (which they are sold at) and the running wattage (which is usually in the small print somewhere!)
    Ohh I get it, so for example I was looking at a 400w and it’s running wattage is 200w, it also has COB & CREE. Would one for veg and 2 for flowering be okay in the tent size that I mention mate?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimCT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Two plants with 15L fabric pots, Im going to LST and SCROG. Im new so not sure if ive made right choices myself but im sure two plants was right choice for tent size and with LST and SCROG
    Yeah two plants sounds ok for your tent size, mine is quite tall but not too wide so was going to LST & SCROG too. Might buy a slightly bigger tent for flowering if the plants grow a lot during veg.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimCT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Yeah, that's suddenly a 50% drop in wattage you see.... It's sometimes best if you can find someone who has used the same LED panels that you are looking at

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Yeah, that's suddenly a 50% drop in wattage you see.... It's sometimes best if you can find someone who has used the same LED panels that you are looking at
    I’ll have a look on the forum. Could you suggest any? I’m on a budget for the first grow will buy better equipment on the next run.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimCT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-18)

Thanks

I’ll have a look on the forum. Could you suggest any? I’m on a budget for the first grow will buy better equipment on the next run.

Thats exactly what i was like mate i just hope buy the end of the grow i didnt wish i bought better quality lights but i guess ill just have to see. How much were you planning on spending on lights i paid about 180 for the two of mine.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast