Thread: New grow setup

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default New grow setup

Hi all, im new to the forum and excited to be here, a friend and I*are looking to start up a personal grow and are looking for some good advice/ information, we are fed up with unreliable, poor quality or overpriced products out there and would like to have a clean tasty reliable source of our own.*

At the moment we are completely undecided on the best way to set up our tent.*

Hydroponics or soil grow?*

Potsizes?*

Light types?

Fan/ extractor sizes?

Nutrients?

We are looking at a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.4 tent and would like to grow 8 plants, is this tent adequate for the quantity and if so what equipment is needed to setup the tent to achieve a perfect grow environment?*

We do have some ideas of our own but would like some fresh ideas from experienced growers to compare notes and to see if we are on the right lines. I won't tell you what we have in mind as i feel we will benefit more from the knowledge and experience of this forum.

Any advice on the equipment you would recommend, what and where to buy from, things often not thought about when setting up, recommendations on soil or hydroponics (pros and cons), or just any information you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

We are fairly new to this, we have a couple of 1-2 plant grows under our belts, so we are looking for as much knowledge as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tastebudz420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-04-18), Greengrass (23-04-18)

Macky Guest

You're friend... Live with you? Trusted? Not gonna tell people or rob you?

Sent from 12 years in the future

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

By having a friend involved, you're break rule number one, dont tell!

Any way, 1.2 m tent is good for four or five plant with a four or five week veg on them, the real question that needs answering, is how much are you looking at gettin from the crop? What will cover your personal smoke?

Sent from 12 years in the future

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Hydroponics or soil grow?* depends how you got on with previous grows, tbh go with soil an keep it simple as it sounds like you are still new to growing, i like coco an prefer it but soil is easy an less hard work,an be better to use in the summer months with high heat

Potsizes?* 15litre ish will do

Light types? 2 x 600 mh/hps with parabolic reflectors

Fan/ extractor sizes? at least 8inch RVKL1 (1008m3/hr) with 8inch rhino pro filter (1125m3/hr), the filter m3/hr always need either match the fans or be bigger, bigger on the filter is better less stress on the fan, PLUS your gona need an intake fan at least 5 6 inch rvk L1

Nutrients? again depends on what media you choose,

Then your gona need humidifier, circ fans, temp/rh meters

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-04-18)