Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Growers tips and tricks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Wtf! Just get smaller ones man, they ain't cheap pots to be chopping up

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos
    That's the whole point Macky mate (for me anyhow), I no longer use the Airports to grow in, I just use them for the first repot to send the roots into the right direction. I then go into 8 litre Fabric pots for the rest of the grow. The Airpots I had were I think 4 litre or something like that and to big for what I needed. I have cut them down to about 1.5 litre. I have just slung all of my 16L Airpots.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    That's the whole point Macky mate (for me anyhow), I no longer use the Airports to grow in, I just use them for the first repot to send the roots into the right direction. I then go into 8 litre Fabric pots for the rest of the grow. The Airpots I had were I think 4 litre or something like that and to big for what I needed. I have cut them down to about 1.5 litre. I have just slung all of my 16L Airpots.
    what did you not like about them mate? you grow in soil?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks

As growers we use a lot of gaffa tape. For some jobs it just isn't sticky enough or won't stick to certain things if you need a ridiculously strong and sticky tape try T-rex sticky tape from B&M store @£3.00

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18), tom222 (13-05-18)

Thanks

what did you not like about them mate? you grow in soil?
    I did a side by side (thread on thc) with Airpots and fabric, coco, and there was no difference in roots (fabric roots slightly more dense- more roots) or yield but the fabric took far less nutrient/water and were far easier to do a mid grow flush. The fabric pots are also much shorter if you have height restrictions.

And yes I did pack the sides of the airpots correctly.

I have also done a side by side with 16l fabric and 8l fabric and the 8l turned out to be far more suitable FOR ME. I grow big plants with a long veg. There was no difference in yield but I did have to flush the larger pots frequently to keep the run off in line. Feeding 5 times each day at 1.1 - 1.2 zero background.

The larger pots did have thicker stems by far but I put this down to the smaller pots being potted up 8 days behind the larger pots.
    Last edited by toblue; 13-05-18 at 05:41 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

Don't buy cheap Chinese Humidity monitors, over 10 degrees out!! If this was to be used inside of your jar when curing it could make one heck of a difference even ruin your weed. The white ones made in UK aren't all that much more expensive. Saying that the UK ones still need replacing every 6 months or so if they have been in your grow room under the heat and lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030548.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	360447
    Last edited by toblue; 17-05-18 at 10:45 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-05-18), M_C (17-05-18), WhIpLaSh (17-05-18)

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Don't buy cheap Chinese Humidity monitors, over 10 degrees out!! If this was to be used inside of your jar when curing it could make one heck of a difference even ruin your weed. The white ones made in UK aren't all that much more expensive. Saying that the UK ones still need replacing every 6 months or so if they have been in your grow room under the heat and lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030548.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	360447
    You’ve got me worrying now dude, mine is not only chinese but it must be 6 years old at least.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), toblue (18-05-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    You’ve got me worrying now dude, mine is not only chinese but it must be 6 years old at least.
    Probably the same age and race as the person who made it too tbf

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), toblue (18-05-18), WhIpLaSh (18-05-18)

Guest Guest

Probably the same age and race as the person who made it too tbf
    Haha quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), toblue (18-05-18), WhIpLaSh (18-05-18)

Bomber Guest

I use cheap shit RH meters but i do test them against a caliber 4r so i know how ridiculously far out they are! lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), toblue (18-05-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2