Thread: Cream Cara auto - buds not filling out

GreenBalls Guest

Default Cream Cara auto - buds not filling out

Hello,

I'm growing a couple of caramel cream autoflowers, I knew they'd be small but didn't know they'd be so EXTREMELY small!

Anyway, on one of them, the buds aren't filling out properly.

I would just leave it be, except as I have the other one to compare it to, I'm pretty sure something has gone wrong. The other plant is the same size, looks pretty much the same except the buds have actually grown out normally.

I know the photos aren't great, but as you can see the first plant is mostly skinny little budless sticks, including the main 'cola'.

They're both past their 8wk due date.. they sprouted 9 weeks ago.

Anyone know wassup?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lowerstem.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	359534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fullplant.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	359535

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-18)

Macky Guest

The 8 weeks is probably the flowering time with the auto mate, they makers usually say 8 week strain, but really mean 8 week flower, how are the tricvhomes looking?

Looks like that one there is foxtailing... is it under any more stress than the other?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Cheers,

What you said about foxtailing has confused the hell outta me. The weird plant shape is because it's an abandoned LST attempt (because it stopped vegging so quickly)... so what looks like foxtails I think is multiple tops from LSTing. The other plant looks kinda the same but with fat buds. But now you've said that, I don't know what i'm looking at anymore.

Trichomes on the sugar leaf is plentiful, and upon closer inspection, some are amber.

Is there anything common it could be, and is it fixable?

Trying to upload pics but upload manager giving me error msgs.
    Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-04-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Name:	topp.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	359591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullplant.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	359590

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Damn bro, I dont konw what the hell happened to that plant, but something went wrong. This is almost positively a light issue, or a genetic issue. What is your current lighting situation??? She foxtailed to all hell, and is looking like a damn landrace!! you should get a smokable product off her, but i would work on fixing what went wrong, before I start a new one.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,118 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Cheers,

What you said about foxtailing has confused the hell outta me. The weird plant shape is because it's an abandoned LST attempt (because it stopped vegging so quickly)... so what looks like foxtails I think is multiple tops from LSTing. The other plant looks kinda the same but with fat buds. But now you've said that, I don't know what i'm looking at anymore.

Trichomes on the sugar leaf is plentiful, and upon closer inspection, some are amber.

Is there anything common it could be, and is it fixable?

Trying to upload pics but upload manager giving me error msgs.
    Thanks
    Definitely foxtailing on the one plant. And don't look at the leaves the trichs will change before the buds will. You must make sure you are looking at the buds trichomes
    If only I grew cannabis well

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ELMo- View Post
    Definitely foxtailing on the one plant. And don't look at the leaves the trichs will change before the buds will. You must make sure you are looking at the buds trichomes
    Thanks, the reason I said leaves is because there's no bloody buds! There's frosty leaves, then a calyx here and there with lots of white pistils. But you made a good point - I checked the healthy plant buds which have 90% cloudy trichs.

Skunky I think you must be correct about being a genetic issue. I've got a 315w light about 18-21" away as recommended by them. The other plants around it are fine. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I LST'd a bit heavily, every day. But again I've done this with most of them. Here's her healthy sister for comparison:

Name:	healthyplant.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	359593

So I take it there's nothing that can be improved here? Should i just settle for getting a few smokes out of it?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (26-04-18), GEORGE (27-04-18)