Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does light affect the drying process?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeAgrower View Post
    Man, well im asking something but you throwing an answer which is not proven, probably you read it somewhere, as you not showing me if you have any proof. The buds are not having chloroplasts and you have to know that if you ever study over the plants, only the leaves having these sacks.... When you cut down the branch it stopping producing any kind of that "banks", it also stopping working as it has ON the plant. So think of it again, when you cut tobacco, its green, but, you drying it on the sun, OR under some roof, still outside, getting light, to turn it amber as final product, making its nice scent, how do you explain that?
    Light degrades the thc encapsulated within the trichomes....You can take my word on that

Regards BL

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (26-04-18), BornToBeAgrower (25-04-18), Captain Beefheart (25-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), Pablo (25-04-18), Valentina (28-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

the 3 most common things that will degrade your dope bach is.............. friction...........heat...............light ............anything else is usually fine apart from my mrs,she can make a dent innit see.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

British green (03-05-18), Flyingscotsman (26-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), lipnobody (26-04-18), MrEnigma (03-05-18), Pablo (25-04-18), redisiel (25-04-18)

Thanks

Well guys, thanks for all the advice till now, i have to make a note about degradation....

As firstly i said, the buds are drying in the same room where the light is, not underneath it. I can understand that light can degrade the cannabinoids, but this happens when curing starts, meaning that while the buds sitting and curing inside the jars MUST be in a dark place. Still i can't understand why the first 7 days of drying process they must be in dark

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBeAgrower For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (25-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks

Well guys, thanks for all the advice till now, i have to make a note about degradation....

As firstly i said, the buds are drying in the same room where the light is, not underneath it. I can understand that light can degrade the cannabinoids, but this happens when curing starts, meaning that while the buds sitting and curing inside the jars MUST be in a dark place. Still i can't understand why the first 7 days of drying process they must be in dark
    its because OT1 says so................. blessed on the gods. just dry it and smoke the fuka bach it didnt cost ewe 10 quid a gram did it fuk.atb

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-04-18), BornToBeAgrower (26-04-18), British green (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), redisiel (25-04-18), Sadface (26-04-18), Weeded uK (30-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Doesn't everyone keep their curing jars in a cupboard? I know I do.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

British green (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), redisiel (25-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

I suggest you take a few grams and do it a few different ways do the test yourself mate, good luck
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (26-04-18), Captain Beefheart (25-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), Valentina (26-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    the 3 most common things that will degrade your dope bach is.............. friction...........heat...............light ............anything else is usually fine apart from my mrs,she can make a dent innit see.
    Hmmmmm not so bad being single atm Bach
    Redz

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (25-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Hmmmmm not so bad being single atm Bach
    Redz
    well redz friction will soften it............heat will deffo soften it.....i guess ewe can turn the lights out but it mite get damp on the jars

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I am just returning to growing, the changes I see are amazing with all the new lighting options, and the advancements in the led light.
    Curing has not change over the many years, so it's a redundant point to try to change it.
    You want good quality and tasting weed, don't fight the flow, if your hanging in the light to dry, it shows inexperience. Listen to the above advice.

The day you chop the plant it does not die, it is dismembered.at this point the plant can try to recover, or give it dark it knows its dying and the last of the energy goes to buds. Which is what we want. A quick death.

Gladly try it for yourself, as I am sure many of have done in the past, I don't know which book I read to get the info as the internet didn't exist back then. Lol

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (26-04-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

If yer hanging in the grow room with lights still on, try rigging up a cardboard box with some lines in it n hang em inside close box up n hang from top of the tent, seems to me that you’ve still got a few plants going n your using the groom to hang n dry!

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...f-Harvest-Time

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Curing-guide

Light question
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-with-light-on
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (04-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast