Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Curing sifted keif

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Default Curing sifted keif

Quick question, I sifted all my dried trim but didn't cure it 1st, will it cure after being sifted and being kept in my mason jar and improve in potency and flavour? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

gardro (27-04-18), GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UK-MRS View Post
    Quick question, I sifted all my dried trim but didn't cure it 1st, will it cure after being sifted and being kept in my mason jar and improve in potency and flavour? Thanks

Cracking question Mrs, I've never thought about it this way before. I'd be really interested to hear what people think.😎

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (26-04-18), gardro (27-04-18), GEORGE (29-04-18), Missy (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Curing is usually more about breaking down the cloraphyl that is present in the leafy material.... if your kief is of decent quality then it should be mainly thrichomes, and minimal green material...... so i would say no it wont do you any good. unless the trichomes cure but i dont think so....
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

BudSmokeSum (01-08-18), GEORGE (29-04-18), ggotch (27-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,118 Times

I'd just load up a bowl and give it a go.. You should know within a few hits. Ive never thought of it though as I always decarb my trim straight from the freezer.

P.S Wait you only did trim? Then no there really isn't a reason to cure it as its not bud... Would of helped to decarb it though I would think.
    If only I grew cannabis well

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELMo- View Post
    I'd just load up a bowl and give it a go.. You should know within a few hits. Ive never thought of it though as I always decarb my trim straight from the freezer.

P.S Wait you only did trim? Then no there really isn't a reason to cure it as its not bud... Would of helped to decarb it though I would think.
    Trim needs to be cured all the same. Then I guess it completely goes against my first statement. I dont know im in a loop now!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (26-04-18), GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    Trim needs to be cured all the same. Then I guess it completely goes against my first statement. I dont know im in a loop now!!
    Hmmm.. ive never cured my trim. Ive always tossed it straight in freezer and then decarbed in oven and used in sifter. I may be doing it completely fucking wrong mate lol. But that's why I joined this forum... to learn new things.

So do you acutally go through the process of burping jars with just trim? I swear I'm not being a dick that's a legit question lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18)

Thanks

No, with my trim I just leave it out exposed to air for a good month or so after the chop. It gets super dry and brittle, makes the hash process easier...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18), MR B-loom (28-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    No, with my trim I just leave it out exposed to air for a good month or so after the chop. It gets super dry and brittle, makes the hash process easier...
    hmm.. interesting. I had left a trim bin out once for about a week after chop and had mold pop up. But it was just in a bag in the corner of the room, so it wasn't out in the air away keeping humidity down like you do. Ill have to give it a go, but I can promise my way works.. maybe not as good but for years ive been doing the same thing. Thanks for giving me a new thing to try though Always interested in other ways of making hash and edibles. Honestly it does sound much more simple than decarb and waiting for it to all be dry and not moist at all before sifting. Would safe a lot of time in the long run!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ELMo- For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18), Ironman (26-04-18), Skunky n funky (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

It'll be staying in the jar for months anyway as I'm saving it all up for Christmas 😂 I'm sure it'll be just fine 😁. Thanks all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,829 Times

I see something on this not to long ago can't remember where now though

But from what I do remember there is a certain humidity/temperature you want to keep it at... abit lower than curing flower

And pressing it into a ball rather than a block say will cure it more evenly or somink 😕 I'm gonna have to see if I can find it again now 😉

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MR B-loom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-04-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast