Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fim/scrog or supercrop

Thanks

Default Fim/scrog or supercrop

As the title says really, I have a good scrog net and was gonna scrog after fimming, that was the plan but I've spent a while reading about supercropping today and it sounds a lot easier than scrogging and fimming if the yields are relatively the same

Would love to hear your preference and why

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Macky Guest

Have a google at " cannabis manifold"

Grow a plant to the 6th node, top at the third, and remove the 1st and 2nd node, leaving you with main stem, and 2 shoots.

Let them grow to the third node, and top those, and remove the 2nd node, so you keep, 1st and 3rd nodes on those.

Bit of training, and flower it when it's half the size you want it to be

Sent from: For those about to harvest, we salute you!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (26-04-18), GEORGE (27-04-18), Majestic (26-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Have a google at " cannabis manifold"

Grow a plant to the 6th node, top at the third, and remove the 1st and 2nd node, leaving you with main stem, and 2 shoots.

Let them grow to the third node, and top those, and remove the 2nd node, so you keep, 1st and 3rd nodes on those.

Bit of training, and flower it when it's half the size you want it to be

Thanks Macky I'll take a look, ain't that like mainlining?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

ELMo- (26-04-18), GEORGE (27-04-18)

Macky Guest

Yes mate same thing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks

You grow using this? Have you supercropped?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Macky Guest

Right now I'm was in a scrog, but had to take them out. Long story, but I've never fully mainlined a plant, I've left these at 2 nodes and trained them 4 main branches out, but nothing like properly mainlining. Something is like to do fully, but really can only grow 1 plant properly if I'm mainlining it in my space.

It'll be a fun project one day though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Macky Guest

Super cropping though, I've done that, both accidentally and on purpose. Tbf, I've never noticed a missive difference in branches I've super cropped. But you really have to give a longer veg to do all this stuff.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

I prefer just a topping and super cropping. I've seen a few mainline grows on here but seem to take for ages to grow and imho it stresses the plant too much.
    Grow from seed, top at third node, let it all catch up from underneath, top all nodes again.
    From a clone, top when it gets 10"or so. Let it all catch up from underneath again then supercrop a couple of times.
    There's also monster cropping which is taking a clone a few weeks into flower, 're vegging and grow it back out. Grow some big ass plants that way ✌
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Right now I'm was in a scrog, but had to take them out. Long story, but I've never fully mainlined a plant, I've left these at 2 nodes and trained them 4 main branches out, but nothing like properly mainlining. Something is like to do fully, but really can only grow 1 plant properly if I'm mainlining it in my space.

It'll be a fun project one day though.

I agree but I think it's probably one for a future grow, I'm gonna walk before I can run I rekon.
    That's why I was asking about scrogging or supercropping, I'm all set up to scrog after a bit of fimming then I go and read a bit about supercropping and it looks more noob friendly unless I'm missing something.
    I want to yield well with the easiest noob friendly method of advanced growing techniques at this point.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    I prefer just a topping and super cropping. I've seen a few mainline grows on here but seem to take for ages to grow and imho it stresses the plant too much.
    Grow from seed, top at third node, let it all catch up from underneath, top all nodes again.
    From a clone, top when it gets 10"or so. Let it all catch up from underneath again then supercrop a couple of times.
    There's also monster cropping which is taking a clone a few weeks into flower, 're vegging and grow it back out. Grow some big ass plants that way ✌
    Wow too many different techniques, not read about monster cropping yet I'll take a look thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

Farmshop (26-04-18), GEORGE (27-04-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast