Thread: Small set up for seedlings/early veg

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,579 Times

Default Small set up for seedlings/early veg

I have this drawer and was wondering if I could convert it into a temporary home for my plant, the dimensions are 40cm x 50cm. Was hoping to grow it in there for 3-4 weeks then move into a bigger set up to finish off so I can have 2 grows on the go.

I was thinking to put 3 or maybe 4 20w 6400K CFL bulbs in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Although this is possible and will work I’d personally think you’d be better with a slightly bigger space as after a few weeks above ground you’ll be struggling with that space. It’s ideal to set seeds off or cuttings in a propagator but after that I’d think you would run out of space fast . 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Although this is possible and will work I’d personally think you’d be better with a slightly bigger space as after a few weeks above ground you’ll be struggling with that space. It’s ideal to set seeds off or cuttings in a propagator but after that I’d think you would run out of space fast . 🇬🇧

I have a bigger space, I just wanted to know if I could veg in the draw and flower in a tent so I can have 2 crops instead of one, I’ve also seen people grow in pc cases for the ENTIRE grow.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SlimCT View Post
    I have a bigger space, I just wanted to know if I could veg in the draw and flower in a tent so I can have 2 crops instead of one, I’ve also seen people grow in pc cases for the ENTIRE grow.

Like I said it’s possible. But best used for propagation and just a few weeks veg . I’ve also seen people grow in pc cases and a fridge. The smaller the space the harder work it is to control environment and the plants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Like I said it’s possible. But best used for propagation and just a few weeks veg . I’ve also seen people grow in pc cases and a fridge. The smaller the space the harder work it is to control environment and the plants

That was the plan mate, seedling stage & only a few weeks veg under a 125w CFL then move them into a tent with a 250w HPS, I’m on a tight budget so trying to maximise any space I can get.

Thanks

To control environment I am going to cut one hole at the bottom for the intake fan & another one at the top for the exhaust. Then have small oscillating fans in the tent & possibly a homemade carbon filter but for the first 3 weeks I don’t think I’ll need a filter.