Thread: Ideal humidity reading?

Thanks

Default Ideal humidity reading?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an ideal humidity reading/range or is it more a case of being a bit intuitive and looking for signs of being too dry/humid?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

hang a meter up an see what it reads. am happy with over 50/55 in veg an little less in flower, gone are the days i stress over rh readings for each stage lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18), Peanut butter (28-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks again Joker,

Ye sounds good, currently hovering around 53.6

Sweet

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Brovashift View Post
    Thanks again Joker,

Ye sounds good, currently hovering around 53.6

Sweet
    dont get me wrong if you runnin a humidifier then no harm in dialing it up a little, mine a 5litre, so just have it on the setting were i only fill it say once a day or so

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

First year with a humidifier, I needed it with 25%, it only has low high setting, I had to put it on a timer even low was 2 much, 2 weeks after I bought it. Added an inkbird to stop fluctuations but it was going up after light off.
    I don't stress over it but need it under control for flower.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-18)

Thanks

Not using anything like a humidifier. The only moisture in the room should be coming from the water in the pots/plants.

They are looking a bit better today, yesterday a lot of the leaves were curling quite significantly, but a little water seems to be perking them up.

I do see a bit of yellowing of some leaves however, which I believe to be lack of nitrogen? But they are in light mix so I wouldnt have expected that to be a problem. Unless they are srill just getting settled in and some roots are not functioning properly.

I dont know how these cutting were stored prior to me receiving them or for how long. I was given them in a cardboard box, with a few extras, but which wern't looking great i.e. snapped leaves etc.

Its a nightmare this stage because it's like having a baby go straight into intensive care

I'll just add: i dont know if this could be contributing to the situation but my ph is at 5.8, as recommended by a mate, but I have read online ph ranges from 6-7.5. I know a too acidic water can create a salty medium which is not desirable... The last time I grew there was no internet and simply followed a book called the bible, so what with the new technology and new lingo i am litterally starting from scratch again.
    Last edited by THCBrova; 28-04-18 at 11:21 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-18)