Thread: Is it normal to see nutrient deficiencies in new cuttings?

Thanks

Default Is it normal to see nutrient deficiencies in new cuttings?

Hi all,

I planted new cuttings 2 days ago which were not in the best condition to begin with IMO, and since then I am seeing some improvement, they are all upright now, and starting to see new growth popping through.

However, some of the leaves are concerning and Im not sure if new damage or existing when I potted them. Some leaves were definitely damaged. By damaged I mean some tips are brown/burnt but the lights are about 1m above, some look yellow and some have yellow and brown specs on the leaves. To me this looks like Nitrogen and phosphorus deficiency.

Is this normal for cuttings that are receiving no nutrients, only water with a 5.8ph And planted in light mix.

Also, even though the light mix is moist and I am seeing improvement and new growth, many of the leaves are still curling, which makes me wonder if they are taking in enough water.

Am I just being inpatient, as they've only been in for 48hrs?

I just dont trust anyone lol
    Last edited by THCBrova; 28-04-18 at 06:25 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18), GEORGE (28-04-18)

Macky Guest

You pot them into soil mate? Usually, the soil is very strong for seedlings and cutting and you might see burn initially after repotting, and planting, but it should settle down in a few days

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18), GEORGE (28-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks Macky,

For the first 2 weeks I'm using biobizz light mix as apparently its great for cuttings.
    I spoke with one of my mates earlier and he said the same thing that it should settle down. Once the new growth is through and then can remove all the damaged stuff. The roots are probably still quite compressed into the root ball, so just waiting for them to work their way into the light mix.

Just me being inpatient

Thanks for the help, I'm sure i will be back very soon lol.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18), GEORGE (29-04-18)