Thread: Light and heat issues!

Thanks

Default Light and heat issues!

Hi guys! New member here! Had issues with heat on my last grow under 600w hps! Decided to go with 400w this time, so far so good! However I have been given a 600 air cooled! My question is, which would you prefer and had more success with! A 400w or 600w air cooled? Many thanks!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonsy For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsy View Post
    Hi guys! New member here! Had issues with heat on my last grow under 600w hps! Decided to go with 400w this time, so far so good! However I have been given a 600 air cooled! My question is, which would you prefer and had more success with! A 400w or 600w air cooled? Many thanks!
    Welcome to the talk Sonsy... what size tent do you have? And what extraction? You really dont want to use a cooling tube unless you really have too, because it will have an effect on the amount of lumens your plant actually receives. It pretty much reduces the power of the light from the bulb.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18)

Thanks

Hey Macky, Thankyou! I'm growing 3 in soil in a 1.2x1.2x2m 4inch in take and out take! I had heard that the glass on air cooled light doesn't really affect the lumens??

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonsy For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18)

Macky Guest

Thats your problem, your intake is all good, but the extraction is too small. You need that to be at least five inch to extract enough air to keep the heat down. 4 inch just isnt going to do the job....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks! Will give this a try!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonsy For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18), Ironman (29-04-18)

Thanks

Hey Sonsy I believe some nice chap gave you a 5” fan the other week we will get it set up ext week if you want

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Langers For This Useful Post:

Dreger (29-04-18), Ironman (29-04-18)