Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is this!?

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    I know, crazy high. I got a big res already I just didn’t think you still needed to let it rest but will give it a go and hope it helps. Why aren’t these things simple ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One day, it will be, you just gotta iron out all the creases mate. Read all you want on everything, but the tiniest thing in your environment can make all the difference. You gotta know how to work with your specific situation. Another learning curve

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (30-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Drop all nutes for a day or two and just use plain tap water that has been stood for 24 hours run this for a day or two max . Then run your ro water with nothing else but your ionic soft water nutes and only go 0.3 above base of ro water and ph too 5.6 and allow the ph to swing upto 6.2 before adjusting. Once this has been feed to the plants after a hour measure ec and take note of reading two days after check ec again and take note of reading and then come back tell us what’s happening. No other nutes other than base nutes. Also what’s temps of res at highest and lowest 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    So what’s the purpose of using tap water instead of the RO and calmag? Would wilt guard be classed as a nutrient? The res stays
    Pretty consistent haven’t seen it lower than 20.5 apart from filling it at 18 and hasn’t been higher than 22.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-18)

Thanks

I’m thinking the problems with the leaves are from over feeding and the problem with the roots are from a organic matter that’s breeding in the res tank . Dwc should be a almost sterile environment when adding anything organic the temps have to be spot on to stop anything from breeding . I’ll know more if he follows my advice and comes back with the readings of ec 🇬🇧

What’s organic? Is rhizo organic? I know orca is but that’s good bacteria ain’t it? Regenaroot? Wilt guard?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Default What is this!?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    What’s organic? Is rhizo organic? I know orca is but that’s good bacteria ain’t it? Regenaroot? Wilt guard?

All of the above are organic and could cause issues if temps ain’t perfect plus if you are using them all your pushing way too much in ya water . 18 degrees is perfect 🇬🇧

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (04-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    One day, it will be, you just gotta iron out all the creases mate. Read all you want on everything, but the tiniest thing in your environment can make all the difference. You gotta know how to work with your specific situation. Another learning curve
    There’s a lot of creases lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-18)

Thanks

All of the above are organic and could cause issues if temps ain’t perfect plus if you are using them all your pushing way too much in ya water 🇬🇧

I was just using wilt guard and regenaroot but used a dash of rhizo on the res before last just to bring the ph back up as I put a bit too much ph down in. So not using rhizo and i was led to believe using wilt guard and regenaroot in conjunction with eachother helps stop root rot and slime etc? Also isn’t orca just a beneficial bacteria so no issue putting that in?

I got so many different bits of advice I didn’t know what to do.

So I ran plain tap water through it for a day. Then on Tuesday evening I redone my reservoir with RO water that had sat there for 24 hours. Added cal mag to 0.4, left out the orca and regenaroot then used half dose of wiltguard which brought EC to 0.6 then added my nutes to 0.8 ph’d to 5.6, this morning ph has risen to 5.8 and EC has stayed the same.

Plants look a bit greener, roots have grown and problems up top seem to have subsided or at least have slowed down dramatically and I can’t really notice any new problems. I still am getting this slime though, there is some brown stuff floating around my tank.

Also I transplanted into a new system so everything was completely clean. Res temps have been a bit lower in this tank too, between 18-20

Headbanger. So it’s either they have some infection that’s causing the brown stuff or it’s as you say and it’s the organic stuff (wiltguard)

So I’m gonna do another res change this evening. Without the wiltguard as per BG’s advice. See if that changes things.

Should I water the plants with some h202? Try and clean the root zone of any infections or anything?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks

You really need to decide on who’s advice and path you want to follow. I’d say wash the roots with just plain tap water and if at all possible take them to the shower and blast them off with some clean fresh water once the slime and dead roots have been washed away. Either follow my advice from the other day or someone else’s but stick to one path 😃🇬🇧

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (03-05-18), GEORGE (03-05-18), Greengrass (03-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (04-05-18)

Thanks

You really need to decide on who’s advice and path you want to follow. I’d say wash the roots with just plain tap water and if at all possible take them to the shower and blast them off with some clean fresh water once the slime and dead roots have been washed away. Either follow my advice from the other day or someone else’s but stick to one path 😃🇬🇧

Agreed. The roots are all nice and white, I haven’t had a chance to give them a spray down in the shower yet but will do that tomorrow or Monday. There is still a brown film at the top of the roots which sit in the “froth” caused by the bubbles but that might disappear once I’ve given them a wash. The growth uptop and rootgrowth is steady and accelerating, no problems showing themselves and nice a green. Ph as it should be and the EC hasn’t budged. Do I want a slow decrease on the EC or is it staying stable showing that I’m bang on?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (05-05-18), GEORGE (05-05-18)

Thanks

Staying stable is perfect. Keep us informed on your progress 🇬🇧

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (05-05-18)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3