Thread: Advice on max wattage for my grow room

Thanks

Default Advice on max wattage for my grow room

Hi, I was hoping somebody could tell me what the best wattage output for a small grow tent would be, the area is 120cm by 50cm, by 2 metres In height with 4 plants, I have a ballast that goes from 250w to 600w in 1 watt increments, I don't want to over do the lumens, currently I have the ballast set at 300w output, is this too much or not enough? as I only have 4 plants on the go I want to max out the wattage/lumens without any adverse affects to my plants. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jrh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

you got pics mate, am assuming its one them wide tents with shallow width, so you got them lined up in a row?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18)

Thanks

Smile Hello Joker, sorry for the late reply...

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    you got pics mate, am assuming its one them wide tents with shallow width, so you got them lined up in a row?
    Thanks for getting back to me, Actually it's a cheeky little cupboard operation not a tent mate, but yes they're in a row, also if I could ask you something else on top of my original question? i'm doing BB Blue Cheese but have been getting major stretch issues. They're coming up to 3 wks in flower and the reflector is cranked right up to it's max height, (got a foot and a half clearance from top of plant to reflector) and 2 metres in total height from top to bottom of grow area to play with. Will finish this one off but next I would be looking for a short/stocky good yielder with minimal stretch, any ideas? Light temp is 79F whilst dark temp can drop to 65F, that's with a heat strip constantly on for the dark cycle. Could the stretch be simply due to the strain or the difference in temp from from light to dark? Maybe it's getting too cold in the dark cycle? can be 10//15 degrees difference. Re the pics, I will need to borrow a decent camera and then upload them to you as my phone camera is shite. Much appreciated Mr Joker.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jrh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Lights on an off temps play major part in stretch mate. I used ecotechnics controller with leccy fan heater wired it. Ya gotta keep temps tight no more than 5degree difference closer better.
    I also run MH bulb till week 3 of flower then put flowering light in the mh also help keep them shorter.
    Also increase the grow feed during the stretch as lack of nutes also makes them wana move.

Even doing all the above will help for sure but genetics an strain will always play bigger part. As in sativa doms or hybrids will stretch more than indica.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-18), jrh (03-05-18)

Thanks

Great advice Joker, will take this onboard, helps me a lot, It's interesting you mention sticking with the mh till week 3 then change over, never done this before but will do in future, Thanks a lot man good of you to help me out, if I have any other issues I will be in touch if ok. enjoy the rest of your day mate. Regards Joe.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-18), joker_the_smoker (03-05-18)