Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: New to growing having some early probs any help plz

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (10-05-18), CityDweller (01-01-19), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You don't deal with it in Soil. The Soil does it for you.
    I wish people would stop saying this. Not all soil is the same. Not all water is the same. Not all nutes are the same. With my soil setup I must adjust ph or it is a guarantee fail. The pictures above remind me of my past ph issues.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (10-05-18), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks

I was told today in the shop that if you use a soil with a high lime content then it actually does buffer the natural or organic nutes. He also named a nute line that is chemical but requires no ph adjustment in any soil. Really comes down to what you use. I prefer all natural and have great results with my organic soil. So I will definitely need to continue adjusting PH.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacks0113 View Post
    I use ph down forthe dwc which is growth technology hydroponic and i only need down because my water comes to 7.8 so how do i deal with ph in the soil
    Sorry I missed this... you add ph up or down as needed depending on your mix at the time to get it to 6.5-6.8 anywhere in that range and you are safe. How the plants doing? Any improvement?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELMo- View Post
    Same, I've never seen anyone actually make a decent harvest when adjusting ph in soil.. Usually causes tons of deficiencies since it kills all the microherd that buffers your ph in the soil.
    Just asking.
    How does ph 6 kill the microherd? I was thought that when your water is too neutral the plant has problems absorbing the nutrients.
    If you start out at a ph of 7 you might want to stick to that. Although I believe that results would”ve been better of you started out at ph 6.
    My tapwater comes close to ph 8. If I would not adjust it I would have problems coming my way I believe.
    Last edited by Orderly; 13-05-18 at 07:10 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-01-19), GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

If your soil is set up correctly you don't need to pH nothing period just like hotshot said. Obviously you don't want to hear it but it's a fact. I don't pH nothing

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flboy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-01-19)

Thanks

You can stop the problems you have by using smaller containers in the beginning! When you use big containers the substrate stays wet too long and take much longer to dry out!
    A big container can take up 7 days to dry out if the Dew Point and Relative Humility is high. If you start out with cups and transplant up into larger containers as the roots grow you won't have this problem! The most important reason not to plant a small plant into a big pot, is, every-time you water and saturate your mix, you release the nutrients into a water, as a soluble slurry. Too much nutrient for such a small plant. It can be done however its a more difficult grow for beginners.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creeperpark For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-01-19), GEORGE (01-01-19)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5