Thread: Standard reflector Vs Cool Tube reflector - Is there a big diff in temps?

Thanks

Default Standard reflector Vs Cool Tube reflector - Is there a big diff in temps?

Having a few heat issues atm, would it be worth buying some cool tube reflectors or do they not make any difference!

Would be good if anyone can let me know if there is much difference in temps if I use a cool tube!!!! Safe

No danger power ranger

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devoed For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (06-05-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

a cool tube pulls the heat directly from the bulb/tube so yea they work,
    that is of course as long as you aren't extracting/venting hot air into the same room you are taking air from

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (10-05-18), Devoed (06-05-18), ggotch (06-05-18), M_C (06-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

^^^^ what he said
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Devoed (06-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    a cool tube pulls the heat directly from the bulb/tube so yea they work,
    that is of course as long as you aren't extracting/venting hot air into the same room you are taking air from
    Cheers! Is it a big drop? Or just a few degrees?

I have stuck a A/C unit in for now but long term that’s not good for the pocket as it chews electric

No danger power ranger

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

I would imagine that the bigger the bulb, the bigger the temp drop?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

I used to run cool hoods with the flat glass, trouble was I had to have an independent extractor just for the hoods...Too much equipment to ram into a relatively small space...I stopped growing in the summer altogether it was a nightmare trying to manage 2 x 1000w HPS.

Regards BL

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

BB (06-05-18), BornToBeAgrower (10-05-18), ggotch (06-05-18), M_C (06-05-18), tom222 (07-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I used to run cool hoods with the flat glass, trouble was I had to have an independent extractor just for the hoods...Too much equipment to ram into a relatively small space...I stopped growing in the summer altogether it was a nightmare trying to manage 2 x 1000w HPS.

Regards BL
    I have 3 600w hps I don’t think the space will be a problem as I can re-arrange the carbon filter so it’s out the tent and use the hoods as part of the Air out.

Just before I shell out on like £150 I wanted opinions on if the temp goes considerably lower

No danger power ranger

Thanks

Yea of course you going to see difference mate. Think is that you don't need only the cooling tubes, but you also need an extractor fan with ducting etc. the difference can vary from place to place, if you have a 1x1 tent then you may see 5-8c bellow, as for a bigger room, it depends on your air flow, how much babies you grow, if you have fans running....

Thanks

The tent is 1.2 x 2 x 2! I scrog usually and have a 4” intake and 8 inch outtake with 3 600w HPS temp usually sits around 25c but with recent hot weather shot up to 30+ which for mid flower is not good! Think I am just going to get 3 anyone recommended any?

No danger power ranger