Thread: Starting in Canna Coco Pro+ - Questions

Thanks

Default Starting in Canna Coco Pro+ - Questions

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could clear up the beginning stages of planting into Canna Coco Pro+ for me.

I have cracked a couple of beans (Autos) which have nice taproots showing and im looking to plant them directly into some 10L airpots to start the grow.

I'm a little confused from all the information out there about how I should water/feed them once I have placed them into the medium. I've read and seen on the Canna Coco grow guide chart that the initial seedling feeds should be at a minimum of an EC 0.7-0.8 (i have a background of 0.1) odd but i assume thats for when the first set of leaves have appeared rather than the start when the cracked seed has been put into the ground?

Should i just be wetting the coco around the buried seed with 5.8 ph'd water with some rhizo included or should I be pre-watering the area with a cup or so of 0.7 EC feed (A&B, Rhizo) then placing the cracked seed in?

Any information from experienced Auto growers using Canna Coco+ at this stage of the grow and would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), Greengrass (07-05-18)

Macky Guest

Hi mate, first off youre doing the right thing them going straight into 10l airpits! Theyll live there till harvest, always plant autos in thier final pots.

The feeding, 0.7 is way to high for a seedling, that might burn them. Less is more in coco mate, if they look hungry you can always feed more in the next feed. Easier to fix under fed plants than it is to fix over fed plants. Go easy on the ec 0.3 is good enough over your BG Ec. That will give them enough food.

You need to be watering everyday, with plenty of run off. Even though the plant is small, because of the size of the pots, you should feed them a full litre every day, get plenty of run off, and drain the run off to waste, unless youre using an auto feeder

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GasMan (07-12-18), GEORGE (07-05-18), Greengrass (07-05-18), M_C (07-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks Macky, I appreciate the reply.

Just to confirm - should I put through a litre of mixed nutes to 0.3 EC then put the seeds with taproot in or put the seed in prior to the watering?

Sorry for the silly questions!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), Greengrass (07-05-18), WF420 (07-05-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
    Thanks Macky, I appreciate the reply.

Just to confirm - should I put through a litre of mixed nutes to 0.3 EC then put the seeds with taproot in or put the seed in prior to the watering?

Sorry for the silly questions!
    The only silly question is the one you don't ask. Always be sure of anythin before going forward. Better to ask now and get it right, then ask how to fix a problem later.

Get the coco all nice one wet, at ec, 0.3, ph, 5.8. Keep rinsing it until the run of is the same coming out as it is going in. That'll make sure the medium is perfect for the seedling. Then, when you have the tap root, plant it point down, a couple of couple of centimetre deep, cover lightly, and then feed one more time at the same numbers just to settle the coco nicely in the pot, and around the seed.

Then just leave it for a couple of days. There will be plenty of moisture in the pot, and the roots will be encourage to stretch out to reach it. Don't let the coco dry out, but tbf, 10l pot, small plant. Should take a few days to fully dry out, so every other day should be good until they're a decent size, say about two weeks down the line. Just because it a massive pot.

Hope this helps mate.

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), Greengrass (07-05-18), peteetah (10-05-18)

Thanks

This definitely helps mate - thank you.

I'll give it a go and hopefully be up and running before too long!

Cheers.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay Dee For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Default Starting in Canna Coco Pro+ - Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dee View Post
    This definitely helps mate - thank you.

I'll give it a go and hopefully be up and running before too long!

Cheers.
    Any more questions, anytime, you know where we are

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post: