Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EC problem when reducing nutrient EC after very stable drain/feed EC readings.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Hello Brother maybe something to think about is the overdrive has made a salt build up in your pots as you was feeding 3x daily.

Was you getting plenty runoff with each feed.?
    As this can cause a build up so flushing would be a good choice.

I just gave my girls a flush with ph water.

Hope you sort it out mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-05-18), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks

Last week i did notice a reduction in drain output and increased all 3 feedings by a minute. Then reduced it back when things started to go tits up.

So it is a consideration! Could that fluid increase acted as a catalyst to an impending salt build-up caused/exacerbated by the Overdrive? Ending with this drain EC eruption/Spike.. Seems a rational suggestion. Thanks. Will keep that in mind for the next grow with timing/application etc. And also pose it to Canna/Advanced if they reply to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Psilocybe For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks

UPDATE# Since the flush down to an EC of 0.8 the feed & drain reading has remained at 0.8. Pheww... So its just now the lead up to harvest in about 12 days. Thanks for your input.

I did get a reply from Advanced Nutrient. About as useful as pissing in the wind. Rather generic reply;

" Thank you for your email.

Reducing EC rapidly should not lock the plants out. Are the showing symptoms that they have?

When using our pH perfect line of nutrients,

There tend to be many other components besides dissolved fertilizer in the water. (eg. pH buffers, humic and fulvic acid, amino acids etc...)

Because of this, an electrical conductivity (EC, TDS, PPM) reading can be difficult for the grower to properly ascertain.

Instead of reading the PPM/EC, we recommend following our nutrient calculator, but starting off at 1/4 strength of your base nutrient for small clones and seedlings,
    gradually working your way to full strength as the plant matures over a period of 3-4 weeks.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/nutrient-calculator/

"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psilocybe For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (10-05-18), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

I think my next side by side should be coco using the EC pen vs coco following the bottle. With the botanicare I use I get an ec of about 5.8 when following the bottle.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), WF420 (10-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I think my next side by side should be coco using the EC pen vs coco following the bottle. With the botanicare I use I get an ec of about 5.8 when following the bottle.
    This would be a good one to follow, i imagine youd get some mega burnt ladies though 🤔

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-05-18), GEORGE (10-05-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2