Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Producing higher quality Bud

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Natural sugars like molasses Work brilliant in feeding the soil of n which turn feeds the plants. I’ve found no successful way of introducing this to dwc and found it foams froths and makes a fucking mess and simply doesn’t work. You would need to speak with reds about running a full organic dwc set up . Google search carbo load which is a carbohydrate but I’ve also found these to be shite and not show any benefit to the plants 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-18), ggotch (09-05-18), Greengrass (09-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (09-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Natural sugars like molasses Work brilliant in feeding the soil of n which turn feeds the plants. I’ve found no successful way of introducing this to dwc and found it foams froths and makes a fucking mess and simply doesn’t work. You would need to speak with reds about running a full organic dwc set up . Google search carbo load which is a carbohydrate but I’ve also found these to be shite and not show any benefit to the plants 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Thought that was the case, I’ll give him a PM. Cheers BG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-18)

Thanks

Default Producing higher quality Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I’m finding that environment has a massive effect for me. Started in a wilma and now in the alien. Yields have always been decent but each grow I have got it dialled in a little better the quality of the weed has been better. Never had many problems with feeding and nutes but since I got better and more consistent temperatures my weed has got 10 times stronger than my early crops. Also learning that a nice 2 week flush in rdwc helps the flavours and smell come on a lot.
    Yeah my conditions should be easy to keep consistently perfect. Running a sealed room with an opti 👌🏻

That was one thing I thought someone might chop in with. If and when to drop/raise temps to help with terpene and resin production.

I’ve been told dropping RH a bit lower toward the end helps produce more resin but 1. Is this actually true and 2. Does that translate to smellier, tastier and stronger buds or just buds that look better? Is it a myth

6. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    LIVING SOIL!!!
    Redz
    Care to chip in regarding running a fully organic RDWC setup red? I like the sound of this I didn’t think it was advisable to do this?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

I wouldn't use organics in a recirc system, but that's because I like an easy, problem free life lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (09-05-18), GEORGE (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Anything with sulfer will bring out the smell more. Most terpine based additives are just sulphate of potassium or epson salts. They will be safe to use in dwc. But as others have said stay away from organic stuff. Sugas, humics and so on.

Add about 80grams to 1l of water. Ideally ro or distilled. You can get sulphate of potassium from ebay. Off elixar gardens. Get the soluble version and not the gradular.

Feed at 1ml/l. Upping to 2ml/l. From start of true flower till weeks 7 or before. Also avoid when using coco since the potassium will mess with the cec of the medium.
    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BritishBotanics; 09-05-18 at 04:50 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THE DARK KNIGHT View Post
    A lot is mentioned on the forum with the main priority seemingly yield. Lots of techniques and additives to increase the amount we get from a crop but less in the way of getting a bud with better aromas, flavour and effect.

So im growing in RDWC, going to be using Co2 in a sealed room.

What can can I do to achieve the optimum quality of bud I can? Any tips or advice?

And dont just say grow in soil organically because I’ve just decided to grow in RDWC and want at least a few grows out of the system lol

regards
    You let the plant flower until it dies of natural cause's.

Thanks

hydrotops are organic nutes with some amazing results, ive used them personally on nft and coco and the flavour has been delicious (as someone already said though, genetics play the biggest part)
    make sure that your humidity and temperature are in the sweet zone when you're using the c02 otherwise the stomata will be closed and you'll be wasting gas, the opti will cool the air but also dry it out, all the best

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianbadonde For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (12-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

i find a sack of dirt will produce a tasty smoke if ewe get the buggers to squirt like. atb

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (12-05-18)

Thanks

So basically, short of keeping temps and humidity consistent and getting good genetics there’s not much I can do lol

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

British green (12-05-18), GEORGE (12-05-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast