Thread: photoperiods or autoflowers and why?

Thanks

Default Answered: photoperiods or autoflowers and why?

so i've done a few of each indoors now over the past 5 years, (granted im not an expert) I started with autoflowers but after around 6 grows i switched to normal photoperiods. Reason being that i found autoflowering seeds to be too unstable getting different phenos in every pack, hermaphrodites, and also electric costs which isnt a big thing i know not being able to switch to the 12/12 keeping at a constant 24 or 20/4 light cycle, the companies normally claim a very fast life and flower which i found was not normally the case and they always went at least a few weeks over. . I switched after an especially bad batch of seeds where i had 6 completely different plants some like lowryders and others like pure sativas that just wouldn't stop growing (plenty of adjusting tying raising a general pain in the hole) and to be honest i haven't and wouldn't switch back i find photos are much easier to control and generally very similar to each other in there own strain, which by my experiences just inst the case with autos because of there faster veg phase they can be harder to control and if anything goes wrong can be harder to bring back around. . . opinions welcome am I totally off or???

2. "pretty much mate, you cant make many mistakes with autos as it will compromise the yield, photos on other hand you can do all kinds destruction to them an come off with an even better yield.

i do love growth rate of autos but i prefer me photos plus less leccy being used in flower is always a bonus "

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), Greengrass (09-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times
    Provided Answers: 176

pretty much mate, you cant make many mistakes with autos as it will compromise the yield, photos on other hand you can do all kinds destruction to them an come off with an even better yield.

i do love growth rate of autos but i prefer me photos plus less leccy being used in flower is always a bonus

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), Greengrass (09-05-18), the don 88 (09-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    pretty much mate, you cant make many mistakes with autos as it will compromise the yield, photos on other hand you can do all kinds destruction to them an come off with an even better yield.

i do love growth rate of autos but i prefer me photos plus less leccy being used in flower is always a bonus
    dont get me wrong mate I have had a couple of very successful and enjoyable grows with autos, just gradually got put off them cause they can be an absolute cunt and a head wreck when things do fuck up, strain dependant to though but i suppose you can get a bad batch of seeds with autos or photos just hasnt happened to me with the normal flowering type yet (touch wood)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Grow a few photos get yourself a few decent mums then run clones is my advice see atb.

Great googly moogly...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), the don 88 (09-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    Grow a few photos get yourself a few decent mums then run clones is my advice see atb.

Great googly moogly...
    did have some nice skunk#1 mothers keeping for a friend who was doing SOG, but flowered them into absolute beasts, that was the last indoor i did and my equip is on loan to a friend now cant wait to get it back and start afresh. . .on an outdoor for the first time this year fingers crossed and atleast giving me something to grow

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18)