Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: swittched from CFL/LED to HPS holy hell she is hot! thank god because winters coming

Thanks

Default swittched from CFL/LED to HPS holy hell she is hot! thank god because winters coming

Hey everyone so you've probably seen one of my posts in the past. I recently tried to do my first grow the strain was Gorilla glue. my seeds are feminised and Auto however the lighting that I tried to grow them under was not strong enough and killed my plants I was using 2x 45w LED panels and 1x 130w CFL and there was no heat being generated and I just feel like the babies got too cold and died on me that or I was over/under feeding and watering them. at about a week after they had broken above the coco the stems bent and looked very weak and brittle can anyone please explain what would of caused this out of curiosity? the fan was also blowing directly on the plants and I feel like the pressure from the fan probably caused a bit of disturbance in the growth process so now I have my oscillating fan pointing away from the plants/at the light which in turn is circulating the air in the grow tent until they reach 4 -6 weeks old and then I will put the fan in front of the plants so that they have some resistance training or what ever the lingo is.
    current grow (Attempt number 2)
    so I am a coco coir grower I have used that since day 1 but may experiment with Soil later on especially with my Photo Strains as I will not be able to water as frequently but I do realise that I can add perlite or a wetting agent too the coco but I am not too sure about the ratios I did read somewhere it's 70% coco and 30% perlite but I don't want to risk wrong measurements.
    so last week I ripped both of my dead seedlings out of the coco and threw them in the bin. I popped open 2 more healthy looking seeds and then I buffered the coco with Canna A+B about 3 days prior to putting the freshly germinated seeds in to the medium I used a mild Canna A+B solution and it was about half a litre that I mixed thru each smart pot saturating it all so at least these new seedlings will have something in the coco when they get hungry also yesterday my Canna Rizotonic 250ml bottle arrived so I have saturated the surface of the growing medium and I also poured 250ml of the mixture around each seedling and made sure it went deep into the coco so that they can feed on it as soon as they are ready. aswel as all my nutrients etc arriving I also got my 400W HPS/MH Lighting kit yesterday so the new girls are under some serious light/heat I have the light at 41cm/16" above the top of my girls, I have decided to name these two Mick and Mallory because I know they're going to be some mean ass monsters!
    if anyone has any input or advice or you have noticed anything I am doing wrong please feel free to give me feedback it's why I am here I don't want to keep wasting expensive seeds...

CFL Setup it also had 2x LED panels on each side of it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFL.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	360186
    HPS setup Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPS.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	360187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPS2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	360188

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-05-18), Greengrass (13-05-18), tom222 (11-05-18), WF420 (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growqueen420 View Post
    Hey everyone so you've probably seen one of my posts in the past. I recently tried to do my first grow the strain was Gorilla glue. my seeds are feminised and Auto however the lighting that I tried to grow them under was not strong enough and killed my plants I was using 2x 45w LED panels and 1x 130w CFL and there was no heat being generated and I just feel like the babies got too cold and died on me that or I was over/under feeding and watering them. at about a week after they had broken above the coco the stems bent and looked very weak and brittle can anyone please explain what would of caused this out of curiosity? the fan was also blowing directly on the plants and I feel like the pressure from the fan probably caused a bit of disturbance in the growth process so now I have my oscillating fan pointing away from the plants/at the light which in turn is circulating the air in the grow tent until they reach 4 -6 weeks old and then I will put the fan in front of the plants so that they have some resistance training or what ever the lingo is.
    current grow (Attempt number 2)
    so I am a coco coir grower I have used that since day 1 but may experiment with Soil later on especially with my Photo Strains as I will not be able to water as frequently but I do realise that I can add perlite or a wetting agent too the coco but I am not too sure about the ratios I did read somewhere it's 70% coco and 30% perlite but I don't want to risk wrong measurements.
    so last week I ripped both of my dead seedlings out of the coco and threw them in the bin. I popped open 2 more healthy looking seeds and then I buffered the coco with Canna A+B about 3 days prior to putting the freshly germinated seeds in to the medium I used a mild Canna A+B solution and it was about half a litre that I mixed thru each smart pot saturating it all so at least these new seedlings will have something in the coco when they get hungry also yesterday my Canna Rizotonic 250ml bottle arrived so I have saturated the surface of the growing medium and I also poured 250ml of the mixture around each seedling and made sure it went deep into the coco so that they can feed on it as soon as they are ready. aswel as all my nutrients etc arriving I also got my 400W HPS/MH Lighting kit yesterday so the new girls are under some serious light/heat I have the light at 41cm/16" above the top of my girls, I have decided to name these two Mick and Mallory because I know they're going to be some mean ass monsters!
    if anyone has any input or advice or you have noticed anything I am doing wrong please feel free to give me feedback it's why I am here I don't want to keep wasting expensive seeds...

CFL Setup it also had 2x LED panels on each side of it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFL.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	360186
    HPS setup Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPS.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	360187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPS2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	360188
    Not 100% for germing but id say 16" is too close for the light? Mine are around 4 week under a 250MH and thats at 23". Better to start high and lower it than burn/bleach your ladies 👍

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-18), joker_the_smoker (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Cant read scripts like tha me. I need sum paragraphs an break ups lol. I read 1st 3 joined lines then i go zzzzzzzz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Not 100% for germing but id say 16" is too close for the light? Mine are around 4 week under a 250MH and thats at 23". Better to start high and lower it than burn/bleach your ladies 👍

4wk old plant 2ft away from a 250mh is too far away mate. I do mine from seed and never more than 8-10 inches away.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    4wk old plant 2ft away from a 250mh is too far away mate. I do mine from seed and never more than 8-10 inches away.

Cheers for the advice mate but im bein mentored and been told to have it at that height. Plants seem happy at that distance too 👍

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

Put a pic on of your plant mate. Just curious. If you're 2ft from the top, obviously the lower branches are even farther. Being 3ft even 4ft plus away from a 250mh will cause stretch in my opinion. Ive just vegged first 3wks under 250mh then 2 more wks under 400mh then flipped em last night (5wk veg from seed), they look fine, im well chuffed with em.
    Cheers for the advice mate but im bein mentored and been told to have it at that height. Plants seem happy at that distance too 👍

12. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

Put a pic on of your plant mate. Just curious. If you're 2ft from the top, obviously the lower branches are even farther. Being 3ft even 4ft plus away from a 250mh will cause stretch in my opinion. Ive just vegged first 3wks under 250mh then 2 more wks under 400mh then flipped em last night (5wk veg from seed), they look fine, im well chuffed with em.

There ya go mate, just over a month 👍

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

There ya go mate, just over a month 👍

I'll put pic of mine up in a bit, just at mates watching football then going home watering em. Mine are just over 5wks.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18), WF420 (13-05-18)

Thanks

I'll put pic of mine up in a bit, just at mates watching football then going home watering em. Mine are just over 5wks.

No worries mate, have struggled with temps from day 1 so theyre a bit stunted like

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks

No worries mate, have struggled with temps from day 1 so theyre a bit stunted like

Mine were vegged in my towel cupboard on my landing, just a light and a fan blowing air around, often touched 30c but no detriment to the plants.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast