Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spidemites :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Well, the ones I could see before the sprayfest began are all 100% dead, Am using this and it seems to work and is ok for edibles, another go in a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by rediseil
    Also I’m shocked that anyone can let the plants get to the stage of webbing without noticing mites ffs, where’s the ipm people.
    You need to scope your plants regularly and always remember the prevention blah blah believe it or not it fuckin works
    Redz
    There was one small web right at the base of a leaf low down on the plant, thought hadn't even crossed my mind, never grown anything before so 'anyone' was shocked too tbh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    This late in flower?????
    Two points of concern when spraying in mid to late flower. One is bud rot and the other is the worry of contamination of the product we intend to smoke with chemicals. A light misting won’t cause bud rot as long as the ventilation is good and you can keep the humidity below 50%... The spores that cause bud rot need around 10 days to germinate, they usually settle and germinate between the buds as they are developing, as the buds tightened they become trapped which provides them with an ideal environment to do their nastiness. I’ve never seen bud rot start from the outside its always encapsulated then works it’s way out..

Floramite and Avid have a relatively short half life so if your concerned about smoking chems then it’s as safe as anything other pesticides on the market but very effective. I believe they where approved for use on food crops in the states but withdrew due to the mites becoming resident to them, we don’t have that issue here yet..

Regards BL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Well, the ones I could see before the sprayfest began are all 100% dead, Am using this and it seems to work and is ok for edibles, another go in a couple of days

There was one small web right at the base of a leaf low down on the plant, thought hadn't even crossed my mind, never grown anything before so 'anyone' was shocked too tbh
    1 tip spray the plants early in the day light on turn fan off first !!! and dont squirt the bulb ffs or it will go BOOM...then turn the fan on after spaying give them the whole day to dry out see,tho a few hours will do, also make sure ewe spray the groom floor and walls ive sprayed it throughout walls floors and pots / plants it eradicated everything after 1 dose but i gave it 2 jest in case see. atb

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-18), G' (11-05-18), Valentina (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

My groom has plenty of leaves and dirt. I clean every few months. If you are starting with a sterilized room then the Spider mites come from outside the room. I believe that prevention is all about not letting them ever get into the room in the first place. I have not had spider mites in years.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-18), G' (11-05-18), Valentina (11-05-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    My groom has plenty of leaves and dirt. I clean every few months. If you are starting with a sterilized room then the Spider mites come from outside the room. I believe that prevention is all about not letting them ever get into the room in the first place. I have not had spider mites in years.
    Ive been lucky enough to never have them! this is a scary thread now! all this talk of spider mites and bud rot, im staying away from here man lol

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (10-05-18), CityDweller (10-05-18), G' (11-05-18), Valentina (11-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post

Not sure if I would call that chemical "okay for edibles" EFSA report page 9 makes it sound like something that I do not want to smoke or eat.

If you want to find the report search with the active ingredient name. Not the product name.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Ive been lucky enough to never have them! this is a scary thread now! all this talk of spider mites and bud rot, im staying away from here man lol
    Worst is when you think you got them and they are really just hiding and dormant. When the environment becomes uninhabitable this is exactly what they do. I emptied out everything and truly sterilized deep to get rid of them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    1 tip spray the plants early in the day light on turn fan off first !!! and dont squirt the bulb ffs or it will go BOOM...then turn the fan on after spaying give them the whole day to dry out see,tho a few hours will do, also make sure ewe spray the groom floor and walls ive sprayed it throughout walls floors and pots / plants it eradicated everything after 1 dose but i gave it 2 jest in case see. atb
    10am this morning (lights of at 9.30), fan off, everything was drowned, both tents, all 5 plants, pots, trays, the room, and me, fan on again and left in the dark until 9.30pm tonight. Another one planned for Saturday, cheer Capt.

I didn't even know I could get them until 12.02am this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    I wonder what the carcasses of dead spidermites smoke like, guess I'll find out soon enough...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Thanks

Just the sound of them popping makes the weed taste bad mentally. Then the actual taste of smoking bugs... gross. Tried it once. Never again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18), Valentina (11-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Not sure if I would call that chemical "okay for edibles" EFSA report page 9 makes it sound like something that I do not want to smoke or eat.

If you want to find the report search with the active ingredient name. Not the product name.
    id rather chance this 10 weeks after spaying it i doubt theres any residue left wirth the rampant water uptakes ? .......than smoke spider mite shit anyday. ach y fi mun boyo.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

G' (11-05-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast