Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: i think i have nutrient lockout!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Some good points kidaa. I agree it does confuse a new grower an can complicate things. As you wana catch run off just after a feed kinda mid flow before its goes in saucers or trays as they can be salty an thro ya off.

If me plants were lukin dark or seemed to have stalled then i wud check run off, would i need to though probs not coz ya can tell plant gerin to much so ya wud flush an reduce feed.

3.6! Haha yea tha wud scare me to but if was growin then fook it lol. I did try chart feed etc on 1st coco run but i do think they are wellover dosed imo. Its rare i hit 1.6ec with bakG of 0.1

Need av try of recirculate save sum pennys lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-05-18), GEORGE (12-05-18), Pablo (13-05-18)

Thanks

You know, I tried this and was absolutely shocked to see the run off was higher than the feed. Going in at 1.6 (on the blue lab truncheon) and run off coming out at 2.6-2.8. But like you said, growing just fine. Slightly burnt tips but my autos show no deficiencies. But i didnt panic and I havent changed anything and they are still looking healthy. I suppose the higher run off is due to salt build up and unused nutes in the coco. But i kinda figured this out when I tested the run off.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-05-18), GEORGE (12-05-18), Pablo (13-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by th4k1ng View Post
    You know, I tried this and was absolutely shocked to see the run off was higher than the feed. Going in at 1.6 (on the blue lab truncheon) and run off coming out at 2.6-2.8. But like you said, growing just fine. Slightly burnt tips but my autos show no deficiencies. But i didnt panic and I havent changed anything and they are still looking healthy. I suppose the higher run off is due to salt build up and unused nutes in the coco. But i kinda figured this out when I tested the run off.
    Did you offer a flush then? or just carried on?

I would offer regular flushing just to be on the safeside

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-05-18), th4k1ng (12-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Did you offer a flush then? or just carried on?

I would offer regular flushing just to be on the safeside
    I just carried on. Have done for the past 2 weeks or so now. Day 38 today and they look happy. But thanks for the advice. Taken on board and if they screw up, well, I will look back to this post and chastise myself for not listening.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (12-05-18), GEORGE (12-05-18)

Thanks

Yep they want a good feed.

I would up your feed and maybe do feed/feed/water for a week or two see how they react.

Personally I think checking run-off is a big nono.It can lead to lots of other problems.
    ok well should i let them dry out first from the flush then feed them ?? or should i feed them right away regardless of being dry or not?? i just dont want root rot or anything thinking it would be better to let them sit till dry not sure??? usually takes 4 days to dry

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friendlygrower For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-05-18), GEORGE (13-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by friendlygrower View Post
    ok well should i let them dry out first from the flush then feed them ?? or should i feed them right away regardless of being dry or not?? i just dont want root rot or anything thinking it would be better to let them sit till dry not sure???
    Yes best to wait dont want to be drowning them

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

friendlygrower (13-05-18), GEORGE (13-05-18), Pablo (13-05-18)

Thanks

Yes best to wait dont want to be drowning them
    ok great thanks alot for the help much appreciated

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to friendlygrower For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-05-18), GEORGE (13-05-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2