Thread: Please Help guys - leaves turning yellow and a sort of ripped/burnt look at places

Thanks

Default Please Help guys - leaves turning yellow and a sort of ripped/burnt look at places

Hey guys
    I’m brand new to the forum - apologies if this what I’m asking is very clear to any of you or this has been asked before - but I have researched the whole net and this forum, and have come to about 5 different conclusions to what this problem could be. Each time I think I have found a similar symptom there is something that doesn’t match up or another part of the plant that looks totally different. So just wanted to see if somebody could help me clarify what my issue is and how to move forward.

This is my very first grow and really excited to continue and learn - so quite thankful to have such a problem at the beginning because it is only helping me learn how to treat my babies right in future!! (Although it is stressing me out and I keep thinking they are about to die any minute)

So onto the pictures,(apologies for the overload in advance);

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleven For This Useful Post:

AND (15-05-18), GEORGE (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

First step list details of your grow, medium, feed, frequency, lighting and height rh and any other factors, lights off picture might help.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the response buddy.

I have 4 plants in 50l pots under 4 600w HPS lights, growing in Canna coco

I have only fed them once with Dutch pro a and b (35ml to 10l bucket) and also once with water (ph’d to 5.8) because they already were looking a little yellow when I got them. The guy who I got them off has gone AWOL(not answering my calls) so unable to clarify exactly what he fed them previously. And the plans where about 10 days when I got them off him.

When my lights are off I have been turning the filter off and managing to get my RH up to about 80%. But when the lights are on I am struggling to get it above 45-50%

Hope this helps man

My lights are on for the next 9 hours so I’ll get a pic with the lights off as soon as possible and post straight away

Cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-18)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post

My lights are on for the next 9 hours so I’ll get a pic with the lights off as soon as possible and post straight away
    Hi Eleven. Just a thought about taking pictures with lights off. I find it best not to disturb the dark period and rather swith lights off during light period for a few minute and take pics then. I believe that will cause less stress than disturbing their night time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazee_Daze For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

I have only fed them once with Dutch pro a and b (35ml to 10l bucket)
    I gonna say this is your problem, thats 3.5ml of each A+B to 1 litre of water, its too much

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-18), Kurdt (15-05-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the response buddy.

I have 4 plants in 50l pots under 4 600w HPS lights, growing in Canna coco

I have only fed them once with Dutch pro a and b (35ml to 10l bucket) and also once with water (ph’d to 5.8) because they already were looking a little yellow when I got them. The guy who I got them off has gone AWOL(not answering my calls) so unable to clarify exactly what he fed them previously. And the plans where about 10 days when I got them off him.

When my lights are off I have been turning the filter off and managing to get my RH up to about 80%. But when the lights are on I am struggling to get it above 45-50%

Hope this helps man

Cheers

Your feeds high mate.

Try 5ml of a+b /10l

Are you gonna run the whole dutch pro line ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HazeyH For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

from what i can see with bad lighting pics, they are starving!! an coco is to dry, to much heat i would think , with 4 x 600w

you need read this and understand coco better https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-And-Nutrients

50litre pots! wtf man why?? you gona get nothin but issues here salt build up etc, you cant water to run off with pots that size and plants so small.

you should be potting up to go in to 50litre pots, god knows why you feel need use 50litre, 20 is more than enough!

i understand this is your 1st grow but you need do more homework mate, and tbh soil would have been less complicated for ya 1st grow.

why you turning your filter off on lights off, this would mean extraction is off also? it needs be running 24.7

what size space you in with what size extractor? what are the lights on temps like?
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 15-05-18 at 10:56 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-18), Greengrass (15-05-18), M_C (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Moved to the infirmary.....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-05-18)

Thanks

@joker_the_smoker

Thanks so much for your reply buddy, I have used the 50L on recommendation from a friend - so just going to have one pot underneath one light once they are big enough. Only currently have two lights on at the minute - temps in the day are around 28C and when lights are off they drop to around 18-19C - would you say this is okay?

fed them and they all seem to have worked up and look alive again - thanks man

Only have one more question - all of the yellow leaves (most of the plants now), will they turn back green now they will have regular feeds or do I have to give them a certain nutrient or spray?

Thanks man again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks

Look overfed and overwatered to be honest. But cant really tell with lights on pics. If the leaves are still turning yellow, thats a Nitrogen overdose. Do you have burnt leaf tips?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18)