Thread: Resurrecting an old pH probe.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Default Resurrecting an old pH probe.

My trusty old nutridip tri meter was put away dry many years ago. I am presently growing in dirt but my next run I want to dust of some old gear. I do have a China replacement coming but was doing some reading.

It was suggested that It could be reconstituted,
    I ordered some cleaner and proper storage solution

After 2 day soak in cleaner and another in storage solution, my PH probe I now giving me a stable reading. I still need some 4 to finish calibration. I am just glad that I was able to fix the probe. For short term ph4 will rejuvenate a probe, long term can cause a memory in the probe. Even the shop said to use ph4 and I pointed out the manufacturer disagreed.

Just wanted to let others that have thought of doing this that I had success.

Missing a bar on led but I can live with it.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), Ginger-bud (15-05-18), M_C (15-05-18)