Thread: When is best

Thanks

Default When is best

Been a long time since I was on this page but I've starting a small outdoor grow. Just 2 plants nothing to serious. Just wondering when is best to put them outside. At moment I'm about 2 weeks into my grow which has just been on the windowsill. I'm quite lucky where my house sits as I get the sun all day in my back garden which will be where plants will be going. Very private garden also. I'm basically just wanting to know when is best to put them outside. I live in northern England so bare that in mind.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ch1esp.jpg
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/jjuyky.jpg

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coulson For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-18), gardro (17-05-18), hotshot (16-05-18), the don 88 (22-05-18), Valentina (19-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 89,637 Times in 29,597 Posts

It really all depends on the weather TBH

Autos, get in now & you'll manage a 2nd crop

Photoperiods, get in now for a lager harvest
    Without failure there is no achievement. (John C Maxwell)

Please familiarise yourself with our Forum Rules -http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/faq.php

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-18), hotshot (16-05-18), the don 88 (22-05-18), Valentina (19-05-18)

Thanks

Do u think they are strong enough to survive at moment outside. Can easily be brought back in if weather changes

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coulson For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-18), hotshot (16-05-18)

Thanks

I'd wait till spring bank holiday in 2 weeks was only a month ago it was snowing ... last thing you would want Is frost haha. Was 5 degrees last week at night u want it atleast above 10'c.

😁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazeyhaiden For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-18), hotshot (16-05-18), Valentina (19-05-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the help. Been a long time since I grew anything so hopefully I still have those green fingers when it comes to growing. Only ever done indoor grows many moons ago

10. The Following User Says Thank You to coulson For This Useful Post:

hotshot (16-05-18)

Thanks

what im doing is putting mine out in the morning ( if its fine ) and bringing them into the coldframe about 6pm so they get time to harden of before they got out to their new final homes

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-18), Hazeyhaiden (17-05-18), hotshot (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,352 Posts

Hey Coulson

I remember ye fella.

If you can move them around then by all means get them outside on the good days.

Tomorrow for instance is going to be lovely be daft not to make the most of it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

coulson (17-05-18), hotshot (17-05-18), M_C (16-05-18)

Thanks

Yeah your name rings a bell bethmeg. Yeah I've got then out today as there is a nice breeze to help strengthen them up a bit. Bring them back in later on

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coulson For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-05-18), hotshot (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,260 Times in 3,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coulson View Post
    Been a long time since I was on this page but I've starting a small outdoor grow. Just 2 plants nothing to serious. Just wondering when is best to put them outside. At moment I'm about 2 weeks into my grow which has just been on the windowsill. I'm quite lucky where my house sits as I get the sun all day in my back garden which will be where plants will be going. Very private garden also. I'm basically just wanting to know when is best to put them outside. I live in northern England so bare that in mind.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2ch1esp.jpg
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/jjuyky.jpg
    u need to get that plant in the ground or give it more light. just leaving it on the window sill it isnt getting enuff light. that is why its spindley and stretching. make sure before u put it in the ground that u are out of the frost zone. ive had plants that small get frosted on and they do fine but it will slow them down a bit. a hard freeze will kill them though. what latitude u at mate?
    Never argue with an IDIOT, he will lower you to his level and beat you by experience!

2018 Outdoor extravaganza http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-05-18), hotshot (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,260 Times in 3,327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    what im doing is putting mine out in the morning ( if its fine ) and bringing them into the coldframe about 6pm so they get time to harden of before they got out to their new final homes
    what is this hardening off u guys speak of? when i pop my seeds i set the directly out in the sun from the time they pop their heads above the soil and mine grow fine.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-05-18), British green (17-05-18), hotshot (17-05-18)

Thanks

mine were started in a little home mede grow box with a 300w led.... i was lead to believe i had to put them out from the grow box so they got used to the outside temp by day and that the breeze would strengthen the stems ...????
    perhaps i should try a few straight in the dirt at the grow plot ?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

hotshot (18-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyg View Post
    u need to get that plant in the ground or give it more light. just leaving it on the window sill it isnt getting enuff light. that is why its spindley and stretching. make sure before u put it in the ground that u are out of the frost zone. ive had plants that small get frosted on and they do fine but it will slow them down a bit. a hard freeze will kill them though. what latitude u at mate?
    I'm lucky enough that the window they was sat at gets the sun from rise to setting. But yeah they was getting a bit to tall to fast as they was seeking more light. They are outside now as getting some lovely weather at least 10c at night and up to 20 during day. Keeping them in pots for now as more manageable to bring inside if weather suddenly changes since I do live in the UK. They seem to be coming on nicely just need to strengthen them up with the breeze outside. I'll hit u back up with the latitude I'm at tomorrow. I'm wanting to stay organic with plant food so u have any suggestions on what best to use

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2vdlh0m.jpg
    http://oi68.tinypic.com/2di14bc.jpg

24. The Following User Says Thank You to coulson For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyg View Post
    what is this hardening off u guys speak of? when i pop my seeds i set the directly out in the sun from the time they pop their heads above the soil and mine grow fine.
    Well, I pregrow my plants underneath 36 watts. I once placed them in direct sunlight on sunny days and they got lightstress, whitening out some parts of the leafs. Even some little holes in it. When I place a seed in direct sunlight from day one it won’t have this problem because it’ll adapt to sunlight straight away. If they are adapted to 36 watt and you place them in direct sunlight it can damage the leafs.
    So when I pregrow an outdoor plant underneath 36 watts, I need to let it adjust to direct sunlight first by training it daily. Also it can get quite cold outside at night and quite windy. Without a proper rootsystem this will giganticly slow the plant down outside.

They also learned me to reduce stress to a minimum with female seeds, but I find this a matter of believe, beliefs I.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-05-18)

Thanks

if you can stick some perlite in your soil when transplanting next mate, also bury some of the stretched stalk . . my first outdoor this year. very similar climate to yours ive just put them outside with wire cages covered on top in polytunnel plastic stop heavy rain .happy growing pal. . .

33216430_1916105241753732_432502210274787328_n.jpg 33111407_1916106191753637_4428804657401298944_n.jpg

28. The Following User Says Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-05-18)