Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beginner setup/tips

Hotboxing the Millennium Falcon with chewbacca
    Thanks

Default Beginner setup/tips

Hi fellow smokers and growers alike, im new to this and i need a lot of advice. Specially with lighting. Regarding everything else, i pretty much know what i need._ im from uk so its boring smoking the same junk._ i mean you're never gunna find Narco purps auto where im from lmao. Im sticking with automatic seeds 1 or 2 plants in a 30 gallon tote tub sitting upright, kitting it out with good reflector material a couple holes, one on top with a fan on the side pointing towards it and a hole at the back for fresh air to get in. Maybe upgrade to intake and outake fans but for now its low budget. My main concern right now is lighting. I was leaning towards CFLs as it seemed easier to judge the wattage as i heard 100watt per plant is mandatory? But then i was getting confused with the different spectrums and i know automatic seeds can deal with only the warmer color bulbs but i have recently been looking into full spectrum LEDs if i cant pst link yet but they are called ASUDOM fullspectrum UV/IR 36watt grow lights like 24 pounds on amazon if you care to review for yourself to get a better understanding. would using one or two of these 36watt fullspecs be better than using like four 40 watt cfl heatlamps and a couple compact florescent wall lights for the sides? If you do go to check it out on amazon scroll down you will see pictures in reviews. Its 32.8*9.7*3.7cm If anyone could give me a basic idea to maximize my yeild with a limited amount of money and space. I mean 30gal tub could fit atleast 2 plants. Thanks for taking the time to read and any other friendly tips would be much appreciated. Onelove brothers and sisters

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BudLover69 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-05-18), GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

100w HPS is, I would say, the minimum requirements if you want a decent grow.... CFL? I'd look at a higher amount...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BB (19-05-18), BudLover69 (18-05-18), GEORGE (18-05-18), joker_the_smoker (18-05-18)

Thanks

Thankyou for reply, i heard hps cost a lot of elec and produces a lot of heat requiring proper air ventilation to control the heat and humidity ect. Or do you think 1 100watt would be fine with setup im going for.. Be nice to least get 20g off a single plant. Any good cheapish set ups you have in mind i will take in consideration. So i take it Leds are for hydro only or you need expensive ones to even matter?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BudLover69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks

I'd be looking at a 150w hps (as I know you can get dual spectrum bulbs at that size ) Wattage, 150w & probably nowhere near as much heat as you would imagine... I did a grow with my ballast dialed down to 150w here - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Deep-Blue-Auto - she came in at 59g

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Hey man.Im a beginner like you and have been learning along the way.I made the mistake of buying one of the cheapo full kits and have been having to upgrade all the pieces along the way. IMO, growing weed on the cheap is pretty difficult,i suppose you get back what you put in.(and im in no way loaded.)I swapped to an LED as the other light was costing me a fortune, initially you have to spend a little on the light but im noticing a big difference in the leccy bill and my plant is coming along nicely,(300w full spectrum Meizhi LED).The actual tent is not bad,a 80x80x 160 and the fan I have is just a cheap one that came with the kit but it's quiet enough and does its job. The carbon filter was crap though, was still letting out smells so I upgraded to a rhino pro 4'' and it works really well. Whatever you decide, good luck to you mate, this growing shit gets addictive

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

BudLover69 (18-05-18), GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks

Cantt see link but one 150w dual spectrum hps would be fine from seed to finish being they're automatic seeds?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BudLover69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18)

Thanks

Yee, im just looking for something small enough to get me like 20ish grams of good stuff per plant to see me through another 2-3 months of waiting. Its only gunna cost a lot getting starded but ill start getting back the moneys worth the next grow even if the 1st is crappy. Thanks for luck im just looking on yt doing my research seeing how ppl have failed and succeeded ect.. Heck i dont even care if i get 14gs on my first plant.. Ill know it will be the dopest dope ive smoked haha

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudLover69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), Kurdt (18-05-18), M_C (18-05-18)

Thanks

Yeah, automatic seeds, it's rare for me to grow photoperiods.... and, whilst I own MH bulbs, I tend to just stick with the dual spectrum all through the grow

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BudLover69 (18-05-18), GEORGE (18-05-18), joker_the_smoker (18-05-18), Kurdt (18-05-18)

Thanks

Well thats good to know man. Ill add in some compact florescents for extra light too. I guess growing weed is no different on the electric bill than when i use to sit on my all day and night playing video games right lmao. Thanks for tips. I have a lot of time to prepare and im prepared for messups.. So long as its not budrot 2 weeks before harvest..

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudLover69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-18), Kurdt (18-05-18), M_C (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

oh, and stay away from miracle-gro if you're growing in soil, that stuff is a bloody nightmare!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

BudLover69 (18-05-18), GEORGE (18-05-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast