Thread: 58 litre fabric grow bag low veging time

Thanks

Default 58 litre fabric grow bag low veging time

Hi all.. iv been growing in ten litres pots..x 9 at the moment iv been vegging a strawberry haze for about 2 months... im sure its still not even pot bound (i pull it and its not taking the soil with it)... would it of been better if i put it straight in the grow bag with 50 litres of soil and pearlite... i ask this as i saw a guy growing autos in such a way and his were frigging massive.. is it more so because the roots can stretch there legs so to speak???
    Id much rather put 4 massive bags out and grow 4 plants as a lot of you guys do but im beginning to think some of you veg for ages potted clones that are a year old and stuff....
    Im lucky if i get 6 weeks to veg... im on very tight time scales. i have to do my vegging get an inspection then flower.
    really really annoys me when iv done a full days work for some woman to come for 30 mins and go fine byeee...
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18), WhIpLaSh (19-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

You growing photoperiod plants or autos?

Autos should go into their finishing pots from the start, they usually don't transplant well. Photos can be repotted multiple times...

6 weeks vegging with a photo should still be ok though? What's your set-up like? Grow kit, growing environment, choice of feed etc?
    Last edited by WhIpLaSh; 19-05-18 at 09:38 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18)

Macky Guest

Yer man pot them up into the biggest pots possible a couple of weeks before the flip so they can recover from the stress, stretch out new roots, and still have plenty of space to push more root out during early flower and stretch. To more root space, in flower, the bigger the buds will grow as the can get more food. But at the same time you dont wanna take the piss lol. 3x the pot size is usually enough, so 30l pots if youre going from tens.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

58litre seen monsters in 10litre lol

Cudnt be assed with tha size pot, imagine avin flush 3 x pot size an theres 9 them PMSL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18)

Thanks

I grow photos... i think autos are false economy i get less yield and have to have the lights on for stupid time and costs a lot..

yeah maybe 58 litres is abit stupid lol... as some one said to me all that soil you bring into your house you gotta get it out.. so 30 litres is sound...

i have two tents a 1.2 x1.2 x2 metre and one double the size.. obviously double the size is double the work and its near impossible to pack up properly... i have to completely dimantle every 3 months and hide plants.

I agree iv grown some pretty big plants in these 10 litre pots... and they are good as i can sorta pyramid them in my shed when i need the space i doubt 8 30 litre bags would fit in the shed.. i also understand you only grow as much as your light spread is regardless of 100 plants or 9

Im always up for learning new things.. i recently tried growing bending down branches repeatedly and having smaller flat plants... i wasnt happy with the results compared to topping at 4 nodes and just letting them rise... then cutting off the bottom 1/3 brush of shitty buds and colas.. i find i get 2/3 ft of good bud into the canopy.. im a deleafer and im sure it gives me more yield.

so as a experiment next run i will get this strawberry haze iv been vegging out for 2 months and stick it in a 30 litre and see what happens... thanks for the advise the 3 times larger info is the one thats helped me most

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18), Lucas3330 (20-05-18), WhIpLaSh (19-05-18)