Thread: Loft space ready

Thanks

Default Loft space ready

Hi

The electrician has been today and light and plugs now in growing area.

Now it is planning time and I could do with some advice, please.

The loft space is slightly awkward and I am unsure if there are any tents on the market that will fit? I thought there was a company that made them any size and angles but I can not find anymore.

Height is 1m 90cm Front to back 2m 15 cm Width 3m 30cm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attic 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	360575

Should I be evn looking for a tent or should I jst turn whole space into groom. It is all well insulated and would just need to be lined and waterproof floor down etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated or links to people with grooms in attics.

Thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

G' (22-05-18), GEORGE (21-05-18), Greencrack102 (25-05-18)

Thanks

I do not think Green Qube Roof Qube design will fit which I knew was going to be tight but do they modify?

Really wanted a tent to increase smell reduction.

On a good note if the loft space had been higher then we would have been converting it and no groom.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

G' (22-05-18), GEORGE (21-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Just paint the room matt white, bit of waterproof vinyl on the floor. As long as you have decent extraction and carbon filter, you'll be good

Filter and fan in the room and you can recirculate (scrub) the air so less worry about smell with no ducting at all...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (21-05-18), G' (22-05-18), GEORGE (21-05-18), Seniten (21-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

Got my Cuz coming up to put in a wall with a small door and then it is going to be whole space being used. Also, need to cut holes out at eaves so we can vent in and out. I thought there was a company that made tents any size and shape but I must be mistaken.

Going to do more reading and research into floor coverings and painting. Want to do it right 1st time and create the perfect groom as we will be living in this house a long time and my old rugby injuries are getting more annoying every day.

Time to grow my own medicine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

G' (22-05-18), GEORGE (22-05-18)

Thanks

So found a tent on eBay that is 160cm high 150 cm by 150 cm.

Premium Loft Attic Grow Tent Cube 600D Mylar Indoor Roof Hydroponics Dark Room £104.95

The reason that I am still considering tent is the smell. We are in a semi-detached house and this has to stay low risk and the tent then a wall partition means no smell even if someone is in the attic.

Plus with a tent, I could maybe get a small propagation tent in space as well but I am unsure.

Been such a long road to this point but want to get it right 1st time if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

G' (22-05-18), GEORGE (22-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

How do brother, really the choice is yours mukka all depends what your plans are on your grows, how many plants do you want to be growing at a time, what strains etc' putting up a wall with a door in it would be ideal as a grow room hanging lights from the middle highest points and plenty of room in the low eaves for equipment such as fans, electrics, dehumidifiers etc' but you would need a really good filtration system for the smell, a wee tent would restrict your grow but if you intend to grow just a couple at a time then a tent could be the way forward, whichever way you decide to go i wish you all the best brother, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-05-18), Seniten (24-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

I had a tent in my attic then build my own grow box. I found I had better control with temps in a box rather than in a tent, plus if your running passive then the sides of the box dont bow in when you turn the extraction fan on high like it would with a tent.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

G' (23-05-18), GEORGE (22-05-18), Seniten (24-05-18)

Thanks

Hi

Thanks so much for the link and the advice.

First grow will be starting in July/August and want to get the groom set up perfect before them.

My only concern with putting up wall and door and having the whole space to grow rather than a tent is the smell. Live in a semi-detached house and worried that when I open door to access plants the smell will be strong.

If I purchase a top class filter system will I have this issue?

Want to grow once a year for me so will need a few plants and then store it.

As you say the issue with Tent is the size of space and what tent to buy.

I suppose I could go smaller and grow more often but just not sure.

More reading and research this weekend and your link with all the other links will be a great help.

Thanks

S

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-18)

Thanks

Hi thanks for info and advice.

Think tent will take up to much room in space.

Found a local hydroponics shop and starting to create a shopping list.

Need to work out what size and type of filter etc I will need for space to ensure I am super stealthy with noise and smell.

Then need to pick lights but defo buying propagation box for space so I can get cuttings from a strain I end up liking.

What did you end up using to line your grow box?

I take it I need to tape up all holes etc to ensure a clean environment....

Cheers S

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Seniten For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-18)