Thread: I see watering manually will become very tedious quickly, good/bad cheap auto wateri?

Thanks

Default I see watering manually will become very tedious quickly, good/bad cheap auto wateri?

Hello.

I grow in a little tent in my apartment and I haven't been growing anything for more than a week but can already see that watering manually will quickly become tedious.

I went to a local grow/hydro-shop and bought this thing that you put into the soil which holds a little tube which gets connected to a water container, then there is a little screw that can be tightened to limit the dripping from the tube.
    This system was very cheap but I question the effectiveness of watering an air-pot by dripping drops in 1 single spot, is that a problem or will such a system work satisfactorily for watering 7L to 12L air-pots?

Are there other cheap solutions that would supply a controllable amount of water to several spots in the pot?

Or if no such really low-cost solutions exist, what sort of money do I need to spend to take myself out of the watering?

The products I bought which consists of every thing I need was in total something like £12 and I haven't used any of it yet so I could return it if there are better options.

I have seen those dripper rings that you put around the plants stem but they supposedly require a pump and can't control the amount of water supplied which I found to be sort of weird, online I have seen such rings used in a system using gravity to "pump" the water and in worst case some sort of clip should be possible to squeeze the hose to limit the amount of water, or have I made any mistake in that assessment?

Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDG For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-18), MonsterEnergy (23-05-18)

Thanks

Is this your first time growing?
    I actually prefer hand watering. I have 10 plants and it gives me something to do. They are all in different size pots, but honestly, its so much more hands on. That way, I know exactly how much im feeding each strain, and how much water to give it. I keep a lot of 1 and 2 gallon jugs lyring around filled with water and I'm watering at least 2 plants every 1-2 days.
    I know they sell a rhizo auto watering system but honestly, Ive never really looked into it. And they can be quite expensive. From what I have seen, the downside to these systems is if you screw up the reservoir with adding to many nutes, say GG to your plant. But I am not too familiar with them so just wait till one of the experts answers.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-18), Kurdt (24-05-18), MonsterEnergy (23-05-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

all you need is a water tank and a small pump with some tubing and a few dripper nozzles,
    it's not hard to set up, can set a timer to water whenever you want,

that's the real downside of airpots & soil, they dry out daily,
    and are a nightmare to water without it going everywhere

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

I must say I love hand watering my plants and can spend hours just looking at them, Something about growing gives me peace. My last grow was over a month ago as I am going to Florida early next month and Im just itching to grow again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-05-18), Kurdt (26-05-18), Lucas3330 (25-05-18)

Thanks

iv spent the last 12 weeks watering by hand.. its relaxing for me and an easy job... not to mention the more care love and attention you pay to your ladies will show at the end!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DreddFoxx For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (27-05-18), GEORGE (25-05-18), Kurdt (26-05-18)