Thread: First time grower Questions

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Post First time grower Questions

Hi, first time grower here I have been stressing about a few things these past 2 days as I am going to get my grow under way tonight, any help is much appreciated on a few topics.. so here I go. 36 hours ago I germinated my Northern Lights Autoflower seeds and I plan to plant them and put them in my tent in 12 hours, I finished setting up my tent yesterday and left the 6” fan on with my 2 55W 2700K CFL bulb and my 1 30W 6400K CFL bulb, a total of 8,500 lumens for my 60cm * 60cm tent for 2 plants, I will be adding 1 more of each bulb in when they arrive. So I left that all running for a few hours and came back and temperature was at 30C (87F) consider I am going to get 2 more bulbs, and the humidity was at 50%. I then turned off the lights and fan and woke up this morning the temp has dropped to 21 (69F) and the humidity is now 95% in the tent! I would like to know the recommended temp for lights on lights off how I can control it and the same with humidity (I will also being using a co2 bag) . Below is the tent I have. Second topic is my soil and feeding. My strain being a Northern Lights Auto I purchased Plant Magic plus soil supreme, I have not purchased and nutrients yet, I do not want to be purchasing a huge array of nutes to mix in with the water if that is possible I would just like to purchase one bottle. I also am going to be planting them straight into 10litre pots and am unsure of how much water to feed and nutes (when I get them) for the process.. any help is much appreciated! ( pics of set up and grow tent below) Thank you!! (Could not attach pics sorry)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rizcuny For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-18), Greengrass (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

You going to need 10 post to post pictures. AS far as temps, you need a range of 72 to 86. JMO, I have however had temps as high as 99 using CFL's, without any seeable problems. But they say that is an over load. I think it degrades the THC at that high range. Here is the only Nuts I use during flowering. Love it. Just follow direction on the bottle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6009.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	360931  

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (29-05-18), Root. (28-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

To be honest I would do away with the cfl and go hps. I have a mate that has tried cfl grow and they are just not up to it. As for watering if you have soaked the pot before hand then chances are you wont need to water it for at least a week and then after it wont need to much. I also grow in PM supreme and find it has enough nutrients to take you through the first 3-4 weeks then after that I just use PM bloom.

For germination I have found that soaking the seeds for 24 hours until they sink and then placing them in a wet paper towel until they sprout is the best way.

I am by no means an expert grower so dont take my word as gospel, THC has some very knowledgeable people that will point you in the right direction.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (29-05-18)

Thanks

For a tent that size, I’d just put the one plant in, but you have germinated x2 so I guess you may as well put both in but a 80x80 or 60x90 would work better for both but I know these aren’t always suitable due to the space they take up. From experience I’ve purchased what is supposed to be compact plants to later find they take up an entire tent so I always use one for a 60x60. I use CFL’s, also so I don’t require the inlet and extractor fan on as much (saving ‘some’ energy) so only on for 10 minute intervals every 2 hours for the 12 hours / 8 hours the lights are on, but also I’m patient so don’t mind waiting a few extra weeks. But it sounds like you’re already clued up on being able to get a good grow. In terms of growing medium, Ive used both coco and soil, but more so the soil since I have bags of the stuff for the garden so for convenience really. Most soils will have nutrients already, and coco will contain enough calcium and magnesium naturally for the seedlings to grow an inch or 2 with no issues but I guess it depends if you want to go all organic and avoid the bags of soil from the likes of a B&Q

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Run the plant magic old timers bloom with the soil your using, you won't need the grow nutes with auto's as there is enough food in the dirt to get you to flowering, you can get to harvest with just that one bottle
    You could buy the old timers pk 4-8 boost but not necessarily needed just an extra
    Have you added any perlite to your soil? I use the same Pm soil but I add 30% perlite as after a few months of use it does compact down
    unsulphered molasses is a good and cheap extra for it contains traces of magnesium and calcium that are a benefit
    A foliar spray of Epsom salts 2 weeks in and again 2 weeks after flower should see any magnesium deficiency off
    Atb riz
    Last edited by Greengrass; 29-05-18 at 10:48 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)