Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Like riding a bike? New grow room

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Default Like riding a bike? New grow room

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, which unfortunately will be like a ninja. However I have been admiring the experience growers on here and would love some advise re setting up my new grow room.

I have experience growing, about 10 years ago haha. Soil setup. Always had minor issues like deficiencies/nite burn etc. In say that I was always amazed by the yield and quality! I have had nothing like it since so it's time to get my grow on again.

Things have obviously changed massively so I have decided to grow autofems for the first grow, then move on to a 12/12 scrog etc

I am still undecided about lights but would be looking for atleast 100g. I will be growing in a tent so looking either LED or 400/600 hps.

Smell would be a concern, especially around harvest/bloom so I had two ideas. First, buy a bigger tent so I can get inside. Second, I heard of a guy putting a fan with a scrubber in the middle of the room and hey Presto, no smell.

As my first grow has to be a success should I grow soil? I was hoping to invest in dwc, but without any experience is this too risky? I know very little about ec,ph etc but surely I can learn haha. I read about plants dying due to power cuts but surely that's rare? Perhaps coirco would be a good alternative for the first run?

And my grow must be organic. To us, it is the highest quality and that must always come first. Yield second .

Sorry for the rant but I'm excited to be part of the community again. Want to get my idea sorted so when the time comes I can pull the trigger.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (28-05-18), Kurdt (29-05-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Welcome along dude

I'm fairly sure organic hydro is a difficult mix. Coco may he a better option for ya

You'll also need to extract and filter your tent anyways dude with a carbon filter

Sent from the shadows like a ninja

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (28-05-18), UpT0wn (28-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks dude.

So Coco it is. Yeah I know about the filter and negative pressure. My concern would be when the tent was open? Does the smell not consume the house? My other set up was fairly perfect. Apart from the regular power cuts. If they were extended you'd smell weed through the floor.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (28-05-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Thanks dude.

So Coco it is. Yeah I know about the filter and negative pressure. My concern would be when the tent was open? Does the smell not consume the house? My other set up was fairly perfect. Apart from the regular power cuts. If they were extended you'd smell weed through the floor.
    I don't find its too bad if it's not open for too long tbh

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Welcome to ThcTalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (28-05-18), UpT0wn (28-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks blue

How do you deal with harvest then? If you keep it close to the tent would that kill the smell?

I was admiring your scrog grow gmo. She is looking mighty tasty with some sweet rewards

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UpT0wnSkunk View Post
    Thanks blue

How do you deal with harvest then? If you keep it close to the tent would that kill the smell?

I was admiring your scrog grow gmo. She is looking mighty tasty with some sweet rewards
    Ooo, harvest sorry, I thought you just meant in general. Harvest most run their setup without the light and fans on low

I just bung em in a dark cool cupboard for a week but that does stink your house to high hell

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

I just open the back door, close the kitchen door, refuse to answer the front door & the trimmed branches go back in the tent to dry, whilst the kitchen smell goes down before the neighbors roll home
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Macky Guest

Default Like riding a bike? New grow room

Welcome to the talk mate, just wondering, you heard of " tropic bat mix"? For coco, you're goin to need ec pen, and ph pen, and organic won't be easy as you need a good medium that hold bacteria well to do organic.

Tropic bat mix is 40% coco rest peat and bat shit. You can feed that organic nuits, I like the look of the advanced nuits range, iguana and ancient earth.

That's gonna be way easier than coco. Also with coco, you have to feed everyday, and get run off drained away too. Tropic is easier, no ph, or ec, feed water every other day. Consider that for your first run it's gonna be my next one

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Welcome. Organic is so much easier in living soil.

pls excuse autocorrect. i am high of course.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast