Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seedsman Indoor Contest: White Widow Feminised Organic

Macky Guest

Default Seedsman Indoor Contest: White Widow Feminised Organic

Seedsman Indoor Contest:
    White Widow

Luckily for me, I have managed to get involved in the " Seedsman Forums Grow Contest 2018".
    Participants have been asked to choose three strains from the "Seedsman" catalogue, and grow them out, with a full, extensive diary on each strain.

The strain I have chosen for this diary (of which I will germinate one seed) is White Widow:

Seedsman link: https://www.seedsman.com/en/white-widow-feminised-seeds

The diary will be updated at least twice a week, with pictures, information on feeding schedule, and growth progression. I look for these diaries to be a grow guide on each strain, and a step by step guide, to get you the same results as me, come harvest!

All grows will be in the following setup:

Germination
    8w heated propagator for germination ( Not turned on, its already warm enough)

Early Veg
    60cmx60cmx120cm Grow Tent
    Omega Lighting 2 tube 48w T5.
    Small oscillating fan

Veg/ Flower
    1.2mx1.2mx2m Tent.
    5' extraction and filter, exhuasted out side. ( Maybe upgrade to a 6' depending on the heat)
    4' intake, (passive/ active, depending on temperatures.)
    Dyson AM02 Tower fan and Hurricane Super 8, for air circulation
    1m Parabolic, silver reflector, with 400w MH for Veg, and 600w HPS for flowering.
    Dimmable Digital Ballast ( 250w, 400w, 600w, 660w)
    Evolution Digital Fan Speed Controler

Medium:
    Plants will also be grown in "Tropic Bat Mix", in the following pots:

For germination: 500ml plastic pot
    For early veg: 5l Fabric pots.
    Late veg and flower 25l Plastic pots.

Food:
    For the seedlings and the root zone throughout the grow:
    Great white root enhancer and Rhizotonic

Veg:
    Advanced nutrients:
    Iguana juice Organic Grow
    Ancient Earth Organic

Flower:
    Iguana Juice Organic Bloom
    Ancient Earth Organic
    Big Bud Organic
    Bud Candy Organic

I also have a "BlueLab Ph Pen", and a "Hanna Gro-Line EC/TDS Tester". Both just a couple of months old, and clean and calibrated. But I shouldn't be needing those much during this grow. Its just there in case I have issues. I also have a 16L Dehumidifier, and maybe looking at getting some aircon installed if the temps over summer get too much.

Most of all they have a loving parent, they will flourish and grow. There will probably be more upgrades to the set up as we go, depending on the plants needs.
    The plan is to germinate, and then veg for around 3-4 weeks, under 24 hours of the T5, then 2 weeks under 400W MH on 18/6. Then I will put them into flower for 2 weeks under 12/12 of 600w MH, and change to the 600w HPS for the rest of flowering period, changing back to the MH for the final week of flower.

During the veg, I will be topping the plant once at the 4th node, and manipulating the plant with some Low Stress Training (LST).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (31-05-18), ggotch (27-06-18), J Trich (04-06-18)

Macky Guest

Default White Widow The Strain

White Widow, The Strain:

"White Widow is one of the best-known, and still one of the most potent, cannabis strains in the world. Originally created in the early 1990s its release to the coffee-shops of Amsterdam was met with universal rave reviews as canna-tourists flocked in their thousands to find out whether all the advance publicity for this white strain was true. It was and remains so today. Bred by crossing a Brazilian sativa strain with a highly resinous South Indian indica it is named after the plant's frosty appearance which makes it white with resin.

White Widow is designed for the utmost potency rather than any complex flavour profile although the smoke is very smooth and satisfying. The initial hit comes on fast and strong, which can leave anyone but the most experienced canna-seur needing to sit down, but this then slowly evolves into a very relaxing high ideal for enjoying music. It is an easy strain to grow almost anywhere; its eight week flowering period ensuring that it will be ready to harvest outdoors in October in northern latitudes before the weather gets too cold. THC levels are high, around 20%."

Characteristics
    BREEDER Seedsman
    GENETICS Indian/Brazilian
    VARIETY Indica / Sativa
    THC CONTENT 20%
    FLOWERING TIME 8 Weeks.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (31-05-18), J Trich (04-06-18)

Macky Guest

Pop pop! Let's see what we can do!

White widow mmm an old favourite:

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (31-05-18), J Trich (04-06-18)

Macky Guest

I left the seed to sit for a couple of hours in warm water, ph at 6.5. I personally don't like leaving it too long as you can drown the seed if it sinks, I like to just soften the seed a little. If you have really old seeds, over 3 years old, then it might be worth leaving them to soak for a while longer, but younger seeds don't need it so much unless they have difficulty popping after a few days.

She has been placed onto her saucer, on a damp piece of kitchen roll, and then covered by another piece of kitchen roll. I then got a layer of cling film, and pushed it inside the cup to make a small dome, and placed it over the seed, in the centre of the saucer, and wrapped the rest of the cling film around it.

She is now going to sit in the tent, for 24 hours. Lets hope we see some tap root by then, but realistically these things can take a couple of days. Patience is a virtue and all that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (01-06-18), J Trich (04-06-18)

Macky Guest

Default She is planted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	553a10c8a7a1ff0d2414d9efc5b393dc.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	361209

Had a decent 1cm size tap root, so its time to go into the medium.

I watered the medium first, with " Eco thrive Microbe Tea". To help get a good balance of good bacteria built up early on. She has been planted in a 500ml pot, a centimetre or so deep, and lightly covered. She will now be placed in the propagator until we see some greenery pop out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-06-18)

Macky Guest

We had a shoot today, I noticed it early on this morning breaking the soil, and through the day, has grown very quickly. She will now sit under 24 hours of the T5 light for around 2 weeks, until a good strong root base and plant structure has been built.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-06-18), J Trich (04-06-18), Valentina (03-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,147 Times

Hey nice start.. good planning, 25L are great size... happy run & good luck!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Trich For This Useful Post:

AND (04-06-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J Trich View Post
    Hey nice start.. good planning, 25L are great size... happy run & good luck!!
    Massive pots, but I'm going organic, Im growing a root ball here, with a good balance of microbes, the plant will grow its self if i take care of the soil The more room for them to live the better, they will be some monster organic buds mmmmmmm

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (04-06-18), J Trich (05-06-18), Valentina (05-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,147 Times

yeahh.. i cant wait to see.. sure coming impresive plants!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J Trich For This Useful Post:

AND (11-06-18)

Macky Guest

Default White Widow, 10/06/18

Things are going well. The White Widow stretched under the T5 light, so I have decided to move her over to the big tent, under a 250w Duel Spectrum light. She is a bit taller than I would like, but that can easily be fixed when she is put into a new pot. I will just bury her a little deeper.

She has suffered a little from nuit burn, as the medium may be a bit over fertilised for her. She will adjust to it and be fine in a week or so.

Every Friday, she is receiving a feed of 1g per litre, of Biosys, microbe tea. and then water a couple of times in the week, that has been stood for days to remove the chlorine. Very happy with her progress so far, she is a fast grower!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (11-06-18), J Trich (10-06-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast