Thread: Help with new grow room

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Question Help with new grow room

Hi

I'm setting up a new grow room. It's a closet with a door that opens to a garage. The closet is 2' deep X ~'6 wide and 8' tall. I still have some more insulation work to do but I have been conducting temperature and humidity tests. The results aren't good so far as the temperature reached 94F in the grow room yesterday (outdoor's it was 100F). Humidity was OK.

I have an air conditioning vent to the room and I have an exhaust that takes air thru the light (MH/HPS) assembly and vents it thru the roof. I have the Yield Lab 600w HPS Grow Light Cool Hood Reflector Kit. The ballast has several settings for reducing the wattage. But I'm beginning to think that I have more light than needed and thus the extra heat. It looks like the grow light adds about 10 degrees to the room temperature. To summarize w/o light in morning and evenings the temp is around 77F. W/o light during the heat of the day the temp is 85F. During the heat of the day with light the temp is 94F.

The room is not yet air tight but I'm guessing that's not going to make up the difference I need. I'll re-examine the a/c duct. I think the way its branches off a main duct could be improved.

What else should I do to reduce the heat in this setup? Can I get a smaller ballast? Switch to LED?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buddawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-06-18), tom222 (01-06-18)