Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to silence exhaust

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Aspie is spot on with best way to reduce electrical noise. Harmonics are nasty horrible

Bigger ducting as mentioned by BG is the most effective way of reducing noise simply by reducing flow velocity (for a given flow)

Gold standard would be fixed smooth piping if you can.

Less bends, bigger radius bends also helps

🔆🔆Current Diary https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=167223

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

British green (09-06-18), Silkadin (13-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

I was recently reading instructions for a fan, it suggested that most noise come from the vibration the fan, higher quality fans are better balanced.
    There recommendation was to suspend the fan from rubber bungies, I also just picked up some vinyl ducting non insulated.
    Due to its nature I had planned to use it blowing into the tent. Quickly thru it on my draw line and it worked well. I won't be using aluminium flexiduct in the future.
    Hope ya get the noise to a better level.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Silkadin (13-07-18)

Thanks

Yeah an acoustic hose and hang your vent on rubber rings.
    You can mimic an acoustic hose and lower the noise of the outlet a bit more by rolling up a yoga mat and pushing it in at the end of your hose, no overlapping the yoga mat. You can twist and cut it in shape.
    Use the horizon as your departure point.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

Silkadin (13-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Some great points made, and I really appreciate the info. My rhino fan just popped Only just unpacked it the other day. I've got a cheapie one on the way until I can get the rhino refunded or replaced. The one I'm getting is around 107 cfm which is fine for my lil setup. No idea if it'll be quiet but here's hoping. I've ordered some reducers and 5" phonic trap ducting. Gonna house the fan and ducting in a padded box along the wall and vent out there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

gardro (26-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I've just pulled apart a bit of my isolation box which had the green glue in it and it barely spread when squeezed between the layers. It comes in a tube but would be better off coming in a pot and applied thickly with a brush. Its sticky messy and expensive stuff. No way of telling if it would work if applied thick but not really worth the fuss imo

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

gardro (26-07-18), UpT0wn (17-08-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2