Thread: Humidity/temp problem (garage tent grow)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,277 Times

Default Humidity/temp problem (garage tent grow)

Hi guys I’m a noobie.

Am I going to have a problem running my EC 6” China Hyper fan 700m3, big carboair filter.
    As it’s running now I hv filter in my tent with 6” ducting running 7 feet away to my fan outside the tent,
    I then have a reducer from 6” to 4” coming out of tent and going into 4” ducting this size been only size I can fit into
    My chimney. So this the length of 4” ducting is 10 feet then into my chimney and 20 feet chimney to travel through,
    Will this be the problem to my humidity/temp problems.

Have to state it’s in a garage at th back with a fauls wall sealed tight cold air been dragged in from front end of my garage which there is a lot of due to my garage door been crap and hole in the roof.

I hv a BHC controller cost me £280 on hot days cannot keep temps down 30 degree even with fan running 100% to keep temps down, humidity at this time is like 56% on a really hot day. On a night the temp too low but humidity too high what am I doing wrong need to mention I only hv a 600watt HPs light with a foil reflector.

Thanks so much any help would be awsome.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (09-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Didn't see any specs on room or filter size, but yes 4" ain't gonna cut it. The fans don't like restriction of the filter then add a second restriction.

Since you have a filter, why not vent to the space outside the tent, then use a 4" vent the space to the chimney, no restriction getting air outta the tent.
    What is the ambient temperature outside tent in the garage?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GanJ mad (09-06-18), GEORGE (09-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    Didn't see any specs on room or filter size, but yes 4" ain't gonna cut it. The fans don't like restriction of the filter then add a second restriction.

Since you have a filter, why not vent to the space outside the tent, then use a 4" vent the space to the chimney, no restriction getting air outta the tent.
    What is the ambient temperature outside tent in the garage?
    I’m not 100% shore on filter size till I ask the shop next visit but it’s a big one that’s a top brand so I know it ain’t that I have a negative pressure on my tent so I know it’s pulling very good.

I cannot seem to post pics or I’d show u but room is a sealed off half of the garage with all my grow stuff In it tent is 1.2x1.2x2 600watt hps. Say my outside temp is 26deg inside garage will be around the same temp air been dragged in to the temp not other way around this for me, the garage it’s all about keeping niose and smell at bay for people walking near or naboures reason I did not thing about taking the heat and smell into my garage that’s hot anyway.

Now I have a dehumidifier I bought today so that going in my tent also. Wondered if a cool shade light would help this and pop a tube heater or 2 in the tent on a night.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (09-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GanJ mad View Post
    I’m not 100% shore on filter size till I ask the shop next visit but it’s a big one that’s a top brand so I know it ain’t that I have a negative pressure on my tent so I know it’s pulling very good.

I cannot seem to post pics or I’d show u but room is a sealed off half of the garage with all my grow stuff In it tent is 1.2x1.2x2 600watt hps. Say my outside temp is 26deg inside garage will be around the same temp air been dragged in to the temp not other way around this for me, the garage it’s all about keeping niose and smell at bay for people walking near or naboures reason I did not thing about taking the heat and smell into my garage that’s hot anyway.

Now I have a dehumidifier I bought today so that going in my tent also. Wondered if a cool shade light would help this and pop a tube heater or 2 in the tent on a night.
    Dehumidifiers add allot of heat, cooled reflectors are a great way to direct vent heat.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (09-06-18), tom222 (09-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    Dehumidifiers add allot of heat, cooled reflectors are a great way to direct vent heat.
    Don’t know if I said but I have 6 plants in that 1.2x1.2 space some day too many if I lower the amount to say 4 I’d lower humidity I guess due to less water been released from the leafs a word I cannot remember u guys will know what I mean.

Ye the dehumidifier was gonna be on wile light was off on a timer to bring my temps up as there too low at night which will hopefully bring my humidity down. My fan on a night Only runs at like 30% as the controller tells it to slow down due to low temps but in doing so ups my humidity not what I want really. 4 weeks into flower.

Light on controller runs my fan at 100% 26 to 30 degree but lowers my humidity to 54% not the worst but still be better, this is with no dehumidifier on getting outside temp air what ever that may be each day, this temps I’m guessing can be helped by upping my outtake duct size to 6” from 4 moving outtake to somewhere that’s not 30 feet long less bends so on, having a air cooled hood but sceptical of lower heat higher humidity levels, depending on how much heat less I’ll get with this I could add a dehumidifier as well in the tent.

Thanks all if I’m wrong please feel free to put me straigh all learning curve to me first grow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18)

Thanks

Makes it tight, I know this is 5 in the same size. It's good that's you need the heat, with that last heat wave I seen 33, so started running mine outside. Seems to be working, at first. Needed it the tent.

Check it out, grow started march 11............ Flip May 1st
    Led lighting various soils
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GanJ mad (12-06-18), GEORGE (11-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks WSG I’ll take a look buddy.

Ye I was gonna go down to 5 may still do this, I turn mine at 4 week 8 week flower.

This temp is getting out of control new cool light today had enough crop nearly lost this weekend. Came home from my caravan give them 3 litres each went away for 2 night went in last night and a good few of my top fan leaves around the bud had gone dark brown, crisp, curled up so I guess they dried out and temps were 32 in there this weekend 50 humidity.

Light about this light I think gotta be werth £300 or so shortly, took bottom growth off my plants and de leafed them, fed to run off so will see how they go now.

Im giving them 6.1 ph feeds at this stage 4 week flower I’m only giving them 2 Ml per litre anyone recon this is not enough.

Thanks Ganj mad

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GanJ mad For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (12-06-18)