Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Milky white looking trichomes

Thanks

Default Milky white looking trichomes

Hi guys, hope everyone’s blessed today!!

So...I get quite a lot of bud from the same guy which is normally a good quality. But lately everything I seem to be getting looks very different. It’s hard to explain, it almost looks like it’s only just been cut down and trimmed.

Instead of the trichomes having that crystaly shiny appearance I’m used to, the buds are now coming almost more white and milky, the trichomes are still there but they look very different. It’s sort of like the bud has a matt finish as a posed to a shiny one. Also the smell and taste is very bland. I hope this makes sense 🙈 lol.

Do you think this is because it’s just been rush dried and hardly had a cure??

Thanks in advance guys 💚💚

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnyet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

sounds like your typical street weed 2me, unflushed, quick dried and over fertilized,
    most on here grow there own plants so they aren't paying for shitty overpriced unflushed street garbage,

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

2wasted (15-06-18), GEORGE (15-06-18), WF420 (16-06-18)

Thanks

Ok mate thanks for that.

Does anyone have an explanation of why it actually looks the way it does though?)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnyet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Not a clue mate tbf but could be to do with not being cured properly so the trichomes arent fully matured...

Next time you get some try stickin abit in a jar and see if the appearance, smell and taste change after self curing a little bit? 🤔

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Monster energy hit the nail on the head. your paying for over priced junk when u could grow ur own for alot higher quality and a lot less money.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-18), MonsterEnergy (17-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyet View Post
    Ok mate thanks for that.

Does anyone have an explanation of why it actually looks the way it does though?)
    It looks that way because it probably wasn't flushed, trimmed, dried or cured correctly. All those things take time and most street growers just want their shitty weed out the door in the quickest time possible so they can make their cash...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18), MonsterEnergy (17-06-18), WF420 (16-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks guys for all your input.

I defo know that this bit ain’t good, but I see a lot of weed on Instagram that looks similar to how I’m describing this. You have bud that looks dense and glistens, then you have the bud that looks a lot softer and the trichomes are more opeque. Not mentioning any names but I’ve even seen top growers posting bits like this and I just wondered if people had opinions on what the real reason is.

Whether it’s maybe the way it’s grown or maybe some bud has this appearance more than others.

No one has really seemed to say they know the appearance I’m talking about lol. Anyone?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnyet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

again mate most here don't buy weed they grow it, also ''It’s sort of like the bud has a matt finish'' i haven't a clue what that means,
    but i feel you answered your own question - it almost looks like it’s only just been cut down and trimmed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks

Ok mate. I understand. That’s why I asked on here as people grow their own, you will know your stuff better.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonnyet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks

What n00b said. I have had the pleasure (or curse depending on how you see it) of being introduced to a warehouse grow. Couldnt even believe where it was. Hiding in plain sight.
    But I digress.
    When I confronted the grower/dealer on a flush and cure he had no fucking clue what I was on about. It was literally chop, dry, trim (he had a machine) and bag up. Bearing in mind, this was a pro set up. Power packs, lights, industrial filters. He had the lot. But when it came to the two most important parts of growing, he gave me the blankest look, said he didnt know what it was and that he didnt have time for it. Moral of the story...dont buy the street shit.
    P.S. Admins, dont bar me. I was introduced to this setup by chance. It is never my intention to even dream of having this set up. Was just giving insight on how a 'pro' grower(dealer) handles his shit and what to expect when buying of these types.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-06-18), WhIpLaSh (24-06-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast