Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Growing with coco tips?

Thanks

Default Growing with coco tips?

Hey guys,
    So my beloved child is mid flower and I've been growing him in soil using biobizz nutes.
    Had infinite amounts of trouble with nute burns and was thinking about switching to coco coir.
    Reading the guide above got me a little bit confused so I would love it if you guys could clarify a bit.

So when starting a coco grow, how should I treat the medium ?
    I've red some people nute it right away, some water it with plain pH then transplant, and some transplant and then water.
    So what's the correct order in handling a plant starting with coco?

When should I water using coco? Same as soil? Everytime the medium is dry? And if so, should I feed nutes everytime or alternate between nutes and plain pH water?

How should I dose my nutes if my background ec is 0.5?
    Does coco require more or less nutes?

Is feeding once a day is enough?

Using advanced nutrients how should I treat the additives? For example bud factor x by the advanced chart is 4ml per liter of water, I know those charts aren't accurate so I've been cutting the soaage of the additives to 1ml. Is it still to much? How much would you guys use? ( Advanced are pretty pricie so I'm scared I'll be using way to much with coco and go bankrupt :0)

Well I guess that all for now at least the ones I remember, thanks for taking the time and reading my newbie ass thread!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to yuri221 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    have read this mate, will save me repeating it https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-And-Nutrients
    Yeah thats the thread I read...All those things still werent that clear to me...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yuri221 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuri221 View Post

Using advanced nutrients how should I treat the additives? For example bud factor x by the advanced chart is 4ml per liter of water, I know those charts aren't accurate so I've been cutting the soaage of the additives to 1ml. Is it still to much? How much would you guys use? ( Advanced are pretty pricie so I'm scared I'll be using way to much with coco and go bankrupt :0)

Well I guess that all for now at least the ones I remember, thanks for taking the time and reading my newbie ass thread!
    Those are unclear to me after re reading again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yuri221 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

When should I water using coco? Same as soil? Everytime the medium is dry? And if so, should I feed nutes everytime or alternate between nutes and plain pH water?

Start with a wet to slightly dry cycle in the beginning. For example a seedling or a clone requires water once every few days once the medium has began to dry slightly (Dont allow your coco to become bone dry this isn’t good)

With a background Ec of 0.5 start you plants on a feed of just root stimulant ph’d to 5.8 for the first week until it becomes established. Once established add in base nutrients A and B to your water until you raise your total Ec 0.1 above the background Ec. Increase by increments of 0.1 as the plants progress and require more feed.

Yes once a day is fine with a mature plant in coco. Some like twice a day in flower but once will do just fine

Half the recommended dosage on these additives. Flower/sugar boosters like this one work fine at 2ml per litre

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

gardro (19-06-18), GEORGE (18-06-18), Greengrass (19-06-18), joker_the_smoker (18-06-18), M_C (18-06-18), old guy (18-06-18), yuri221 (18-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

Start with a wet to slightly dry cycle in the beginning. For example a seedling or a clone requires water once every few days once the medium has began to dry slightly (Dont allow your coco to become bone dry this isn’t good)

With a background Ec of 0.5 start you plants on a feed of just root stimulant ph’d to 5.8 for the first week until it becomes established. Once established add in base nutrients A and B to your water until you raise your total Ec 0.1 above the background Ec. Increase by increments of 0.1 as the plants progress and require more feed.

Yes once a day is fine with a mature plant in coco. Some like twice a day in flower but once will do just fine

Half the recommended dosage on these additives. Flower/sugar boosters like this one work fine at 2ml per litre
    Thanks a lot mate!
    But using the additives wont I use up a shit ton of nutes watering daily?
    Seems like an over kill :\

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuri221 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18), Greengrass (19-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks a lot mate!
    But using the additives wont I use up a shit ton of nutes watering daily?
    Seems like an over kill :\
    A well established coco plant requires daily feeds for optimum performance and a bumper harvest. If your that concerned about nutrient costs your using the wrong brand mate. Advanced nutrients are silly money, there’s better or the equivalent on the market for much less

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18), Greengrass (19-06-18), tom222 (18-06-18), yuri221 (18-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    A well established coco plant requires daily feeds for optimum performance and a bumper harvest. If your that concerned about nutrient costs your using the wrong brand mate. Advanced nutrients are silly money, there’s better or the equivalent on the market for much less
    Yep youre right, which nutes would you recommend? Considering my local hydroshop only has the following brands:
    House & Garden
    BioBizz
    BioNova
    Canna
    ATAMI
    GHE
    Hesi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuri221 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yep youre right, which nutes would you recommend? Considering my local hydroshop only has the following brands:
    House & Garden
    BioBizz
    BioNova
    Canna
    ATAMI
    GHE
    Hesi
    These will replace and match what your using now at a fraction of the cost

Canna A and B £15
    Cannas Pk 13/14 £10
    Green Planet massive £20 (This ones not a must)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18), Greengrass (19-06-18), M_C (18-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

House & Garden
    BioBizz
    BioNova
    Canna
    ATAMI
    GHE
    Hesi
    I use Canna Coco nutes & am always pleased with the results
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast