Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats the max par you have gotten under an air cooled 600w hps?

Thanks

Default whats the max par you have gotten under an air cooled 600w hps?

Moved place so it's not being cooled at the moment - getting about 1k par though

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ast.enthus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-06-18), gardro (20-06-18), GEORGE (20-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Cool, do you have a par meter?

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Can’t plants be give to much par,as in lights to close even with a cool shade?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Cool, do you have a par meter?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

i do yep and a good quality air cooled hood also for more even light distribution

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ast.enthus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    i think plants are limited even by the most sunniest days outside because of the maximium c02 availability; in other words i suspect that a plant would grow as well on a day that is 25c as a day that is 35c...and most likely a lot better - but that is just an opinion

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ast.enthus For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (21-06-18), GEORGE (20-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    Yes, you can bleach them just like using HPS or MH, of course you are more likely to burn them quicker with MH HPS than LED Par. If they are too close, so I would think being too close isn't too good for them. JMO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (21-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

While we are on the subject, HPS only has 6 par per watt, so a 250W would only be 1,500 Par. Where as a 220/167W LED from California light works has much more par than that, but the 250W HPS will out grow the LED. I have produce a 6 oz plant from the led, and have gotten 9 oz from 250W HPS. My think is that the more watts rather LED or HPS will get you more yells. So, I think it is the Watts, and nothing to do with how much Par you have. O course with that being said, the more watts, the more Par in an LED and same for MH HPS. I hope this makes since. JMO

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    While we are on the subject, HPS only has 6 par per watt, so a 250W would only be 1,500 Par. Where as a 220/167W LED from California light works has much more par than that, but the 250W HPS will out grow the LED. I have produce a 6 oz plant from the led, and have gotten 9 oz from 250W HPS. My think is that the more watts rather LED or HPS will get you more yells. So, I think it is the Watts, and nothing to do with how much Par you have. O course with that being said, the more watts, the more Par in an LED and same for MH HPS. I hope this makes since. JMO
    well the plants grow with par light and c02....if you put too much par on the plant then it will be limited just by the c02 availability; so in that sense you would be limited

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ast.enthus For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (21-06-18), GEORGE (22-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Great conversation.

As i understand it, there is a maximum amount of moles per day of light that the plant can use. Anything more does not get used. Increasing co2 increases the max mole per day. Temperature and humidity are also factors. Par is a way to measure moles.

Plants can get bleached from too much Par or too many Lumens. Meaning that a very bright light in the wrong wavelength will not grow very well and can burn the plant even though the Par is very low.

In order to properly test two lights side by side you would need to have both rooms dialed in exactly the same and be using a good quality Par meter to check the Par and not going off of the manufacturer's statements or documentation.

I have 2 600 hps same brand bulbs. 2 different style cooling hoods, bulb age is about 3 months apart. The Par reading i am getting is significantly different under each hood. I have the lights at 2 different heights to get a 800-900 Par reading with about 800ppm co2.

pls excuse autocorrect. i am high of course.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

gardro (21-06-18), GEORGE (22-06-18), HisHighness (24-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Great conversation.

As i understand it, there is a maximum amount of moles per day of light that the plant can use. Anything more does not get used. Increasing co2 increases the max mole per day. Temperature and humidity are also factors. Par is a way to measure moles.

Plants can get bleached from too much Par or too many Lumens. Meaning that a very bright light in the wrong wavelength will not grow very well and can burn the plant even though the Par is very low.

In order to properly test two lights side by side you would need to have both rooms dialed in exactly the same and be using a good quality Par meter to check the Par and not going off of the manufacturer's statements or documentation.

I have 2 600 hps same brand bulbs. 2 different style cooling hoods, bulb age is about 3 months apart. The Par reading i am getting is significantly different under each hood. I have the lights at 2 different heights to get a 800-900 Par reading with about 800ppm co2.

pls excuse autocorrect. i am high of course.
    So in your opinion what par does the plant frive most at,as in say 400 to 1200,if you get what I mean!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-06-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast