Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Humidity

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,667 Times

Quote Originally Posted by wasted2 View Post
    I think i have found 1 thats not to large, runs at 12l, can be set to your required humidity and is cheap i am not 100% clear on what links are ok, so ill just give the name,its easy to fine, but i found it on ebay for £80, its on amazon 95 reduced from 160...

DEHUMIDIFIER PORTABLE 12L/D AIR MOISTURE DAMP DRY HOME BEDROOM BATHROOM KITCHEN

Attachment 362257
    Has it got a continuous drain function.
    Somewhere you can attach a hose ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cooky2992 For This Useful Post:

2wasted (24-06-18), GEORGE (24-06-18), Sadface (24-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

My last run my RH was 50-55 lights on and upto 70% lights off ...it’s not the end of the world pal and you can successfully get from seed to weed with no rot what so ever...air movement is key though mate ( within the room)...but yes I agree small dehum ain’t with the money spent on em as previously mentioned they will only drop rh by a couple of % ,but as I say big air movement inside room is key and also run intake/extract full speed 24/7 ..I often can’t get rh down at certain times of the year nor do I get my knickers in a twist if it’s high..that’s my two pence ..others will disagree

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

2wasted (24-06-18), AND (24-06-18), G' (24-06-18), GEORGE (24-06-18)

Thanks

Dehums are very overrated certainly within a grow room where air is being exchanged at such a rate ,a in room dehum that will make a difference will acomodate to much grow space...air conditioning the air entering your room is the key if your hell bent on running a consistent RH...if I was you id add a few clip on fans and run your intake and extraction 24/7...I’ll almost guarantee no dramas

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Otherwise don buy a dehum and get an decent aircon unit instead and aircon the room your drawing from

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky2992
    Has it got a continuous drain function.
    Somewhere you can attach a hose ?
    Yup, it has a ontinuous drainage outlet and 1.5l tray, i am about a lot so should be there to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Otherwise don buy a dehum and get an decent aircon unit instead and aircon the room your drawing from
    Get what your saying m8 but bought it now lol, i am trying to make it as stable as possible, if issues do pop up i might look into getting a aircon unit..atm it has a 4" extractor fan attach to a carbon filter and a normal living room type fan..
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-18), MonsterEnergy (24-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Dehums are very overrated certainly within a grow room where air is being exchanged at such a rate ,a in room dehum that will make a difference will acomodate to much grow space...air conditioning the air entering your room is the key if your hell bent on running a consistent RH...if I was you id add a few clip on fans and run your intake and extraction 24/7...I’ll almost guarantee no dramas
    my dehum sits in the room i pull air from and not in the tent, this way it drops the rooms humidity so when the air does enter the gRoom it's at 50%
    any warm/scrubbed air gets expelled into the attic so no recycling air,

id rather have it than risk rot/mold especially when it helps keep it so low, rH% this morning was only 38% in the tent

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

2wasted (24-06-18), GEORGE (24-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Default Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    my dehum sits in the room i pull air from and not in the tent, this way it drops the rooms humidity so when the air does enter the gRoom it's at 50%
    any warm/scrubbed air gets expelled into the attic so no recycling air,

id rather have it than risk rot/mold especially when it helps keep it so low, rH% this morning was only 38% in the tent 😀
    I agree with being able to control climate of intake is an easy way to control the environment. It gives more space in the tent, less spikes in RH.
    Proper ventilation is required to accomplish this.
    AIR, plants need it, fresher the better.
    I see alot of fan controllers to reduce flow, i ask why would i need or want one.
    I don't run co2.
    Its not to cold.
    My rh is better with more air flow.
    I even put my filter outside my tent, i condition the room my tent sits in and all the air going is is ready to grow.
    Takes real fans and filters, anything less and its hard to do.
    I do have a portable ac that is 2 rooms to help with temperatures.on super hot days i use a duct fan to force hot air outta my tent room, allowing cooler air to be introduced, but only when outside temps are near 30.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-18), MonsterEnergy (24-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Guys I'm really sorry dehumidifiers don't work unless they're in the room they are in. Not seen many inline applications have you? Sealed grooms?

A dehumidifier does next to nothing during lights on. I mean they are not called on by their own humidistat. Mine rarely kicks in unless I do a big water.

Temps are high, especially under HID. The air itself can hold a lot more moisture so the RELATIVE humidity is low. There will be a large vapor pressure deficit

Where dehumidifiers come in their own is during light out

No lights, less heat, air can hold less moisture so the RH rises quickly. At light out my fans spin at 10% just to maintain neg pressure. I'm not wasting more electricity on heating then either ( BTW the dehumidifier does that great keeping a nice 20 to 25C)

The dehumidifier works great and holds control

When it's outside where is the humidistat I ask?

I love them so much I grown 3 plants in a 4 plant footprint just to make sure it's in nicely

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

G' (26-06-18), GEORGE (24-06-18), MonsterEnergy (24-06-18), Subterranean Man (25-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

my grow room swaps out it's total volume every 1-2 minute, i tried having it in the tent set at 40% rH but it didn't even pull 1 liter a day
    mine now sits in the room the tent is in and it runs 24/7 with a constant drain, it easily pulls 6-8Lt a day now,

also the rH in the tent dropped from 50% to 40% since the air entering the tent has less rH to begin with,

again this is what i noticed and what works for my situation - it's not a guide for others but what works best for me and my situation

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Default Humidity

I use mine outside my tent with an inkbird to control the humidifier, the sensor is in the tent. My fans always run full out, i agree in colder weather it would be better in the tent. But in colder weather i dont need a humidifier as cold air is normally low in RH.
    My fans are controlled by temperature, they shut off if it gets to cold. As my dehumidifier is running outside the tent, it warms the air going into the tent, therefore they barely shut off.
    I agree there are more than one way to deal with issues but why would we want to reduce air circulation. Unless heating or co2 are being wasted.
    Presently running an 8" in, blowing across floor. And an 8" out thru a Can filter.

I would rather have plants than equipment in the tent.
    Plants near completion, no odour, unless im sitting with the door open, smoking a spliff, talking with the plants.

Experimental grow over the counter dirt. 4x4 tent.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D168618
    Home built rdwc, green house powdered feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166
    Last edited by 420Rancher; 25-06-18 at 12:14 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

2wasted (25-06-18), GEORGE (25-06-18), MonsterEnergy (25-06-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast