Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AC linked to inkbird temp controler

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Beau_Bud View Post
    The problem is that the AC is outside of the tent with the inlet fan going. I'll put a link to my grow diary below so you can have a look if your interested. I'l just have e to turn the AC on to its highest setting while I'm at work and turn it off in the evening. Which id know this before investing in the AC (slaps forehead)
    To be fair, when asking for recomendations for A/C, you didnt say it would be outside of your groom otherwise I would have mentioned this. List provided in that thread assumed it would be installed in the groom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,315 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Right few questions :

Is it deffo the 9901 & not the 9901 wifi, if the latter, this could be real easy

If the former then...

Did you buy it new ? as this will kill the guarantee...

How good are you with wiring, electronics etc. ?

First you need to find the thermistor responsible (assuming this as no info on the Igenix) usually in front of the output somewhere (means taking the front off, turn off power & unplug) and looks like a small black bubble with 2 wires, then you need to cut the two wires and extend them into your tent and re attach (solder) the thermistor to the other end making sure you insulate the connections.

Make sure that you leave enough wire on the thermistor when you cut it as too much heat from soldering will kill it in seconds
    Top man.

1. Unfortunately is not the WiFi one....
    2. Bought new
    3. I've not done much wiring buy I work in construction so pretty handy
    4. That sounds terrifying. Il call igenix on Monday to try and fit out the location of the thermistor

Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate you taking the time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-18), GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

Top man.

1. Unfortunately is not the WiFi one....
    2. Bought new
    3. I've not done much wiring buy I work in construction so pretty handy
    4. That sounds terrifying. Il call igenix on Monday to try and fit out the location of the thermistor

Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate you taking the time

If they can tell you exactly where it is, PM me and I'll guide you through it. They may tell you it wont work due to more resistance adding longer wires but ignore them

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Beau_Bud (23-06-18), GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

To be fair, when asking for recomendations for A/C, you didnt say it would be outside of your groom otherwise I would have mentioned this. List provided in that thread assumed it would be installed in the groom
    Originally I was only planning on using it in the tent during the 1st week of curing as I read you should aim to keep the bud around 16 degrees when just harvested but I'm going to use HPS now during the flowering as the LEDS were lacking in the red spectrum. I'm an artist idiot. Done mistakes are cheaper than others this was not one of them haha. I may well just try and keep the temps down slightly in the room without ducting into the tent but it gets so hot in there in the summer I don't know if I'll just be pissing in the wind

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-18), GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

If they can tell you exactly where it is, PM me and I'll guide you through it. They may tell you it wont work due to more resistance adding longer wires but ignore them
    Worst case scenario and the thermostat breaks. Would that have any other impact? And in the manual they say they don't recommend putting it in cupboards or using on house boats, i.e smaller spaces. Any idea why that might be?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

Worst case scenario and the thermostat breaks. Would that have any other impact? And in the manual they say they don't recommend putting it in cupboards or using on house boats, i.e smaller spaces. Any idea why that might be?

Worst case scenario, it stops working

9000 btu's mate, it will freak out being enclosed in a small space venting out so fast to be able to cool incoming air sufficiently and will overheat quickly.

Where did you get it from, if Screwfix, no problem if it stops working, take it back

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Worst case scenario, it stops working

9000 btu's mate, it will freak out being enclosed in a small space venting out so fast to be able to cool incoming air sufficiently and will overheat quickly.

Where did you get it from, if Screwfix, no problem if it stops working, take it back
    Unfortunately not. Got a good deal from Wayfairer. Paid £230 for it. Maybe not such a good deal seeing as I can't actually use it haha. Have you got any grow diary's up anywhere?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

Thermistor is about only thing you can damage here, as long as you are careful, and they're pence to replace. Diary at bottom of sig

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2