Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lights off temps?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Default Answered: Lights off temps?

Hi all my lights off temps have topped 88 for the last few days,my lights on temp is around 85,will this affect the plants any,your thoughts?

2. "hightimes.com/grow/grow-hack-day-and-night-growroom-temperatures/

5th paragraph

"In the 1980’s researchers from the Michigan State University discovered how day and night temperature differences regulate plant growth. They found that keeping daytime temps lower than nighttime temps, a situation they called “negative DIF,” made plants have lower internodal length. “Positive DIF,” keeping daytime temps higher than nighttime temps, caused stems to grow longer. More recently researchers have discovered this effect comes from differential expression of enzymes that degrade gibberellins, a group of hormones that regulate plant growth.""

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times
    Provided Answers: 31

31 degrees c.
    That's pretty hot. but not gonna do them much harm. it may slow them down a bit.
    You could dilute your feed so they will take on more water, and less nutes. but if they look ok, they will be ok.
    Nature has temps of 31 as well. 26 id just an ideal temperature target to aim for
    Ive noticed that indica strains are more resilient to higher temps than sativas, which I thought was a bit odd, given that sativas are grown in equatorial areas mostly.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (26-06-18), GEORGE (26-06-18)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 2

Well, high heat by itself stunts growth. It can be dealt with to some extent, but that also depends on growing method. First thing I would do is supply more CO2 and add silica, since it can be done cheaply. Also, the plants will probably drink more water, so lowering the level of nutrients in your feeding soultion doesn't seem like an illogical thing to do.

Here's and interesting article about temperatures on High Times, negative day-night temperature difference is also mentioned:
    hightimes.com/grow/grow-hack-day-and-night-growroom-temperatures/

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixsixsix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    31 degrees c.
    That's pretty hot. but not gonna do them much harm. it may slow them down a bit.
    You could dilute your feed so they will take on more water, and less nutes. but if they look ok, they will be ok.
    Nature has temps of 31 as well. 26 id just an ideal temperature target to aim for
    Ive noticed that indica strains are more resilient to higher temps than sativas, which I thought was a bit odd, given that sativas are grown in equatorial areas mostly.
    The main reason for the post was,it’s hotter lights off than on.i was asking how that would effect them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    Hi all my lights off temps have topped 88 for the last few days,my lights on temp is around 85,will this affect the plants any,your thoughts?
    As long as you keep it 87 or under you will be fine. 1 degree isn't much over the max. Mine is up to 88, 89 lights on, can't visiable see any harm, but they say it has an effect on THC, but after reading an article the other day, I don't know how true that is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (26-06-18), Maryjanee420 (28-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    As long as you keep it 87 or under you will be fine. 1 degree isn't much over the max. Mine is up to 88, 89 lights on, can't visiable see any harm, but they say it has an effect on THC, but after reading an article the other day, I don't know how true that is.
    Thanks man,but what are your lights off temps?lower,unlike mine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's nice to be nice.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Is your extraction only running with the lights on?
    Do you have a dehumidifier running?
    When it's hot ,air movement benefits plants.

Experimental grow over the counter dirt. 4x4 tent.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D168618
    Home built rdwc, green house powdered feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 2

5th paragraph

"In the 1980’s researchers from the Michigan State University discovered how day and night temperature differences regulate plant growth. They found that keeping daytime temps lower than nighttime temps, a situation they called “negative DIF,” made plants have lower internodal length. “Positive DIF,” keeping daytime temps higher than nighttime temps, caused stems to grow longer. More recently researchers have discovered this effect comes from differential expression of enzymes that degrade gibberellins, a group of hormones that regulate plant growth."

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixsixsix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    Is your extraction only running with the lights on?
    Do you have a dehumidifier running?
    When it's hot ,air movement benefits plants.

Experimental grow over the counter dirt. 4x4 tent.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D168618
    Home built rdwc, green house powdered feed!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D171166
    Extraction 24 hrs humidity 45 pc.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sixsixsix View Post

5th paragraph

"In the 1980’s researchers from the Michigan State University discovered how day and night temperature differences regulate plant growth. They found that keeping daytime temps lower than nighttime temps, a situation they called “negative DIF,” made plants have lower internodal length. “Positive DIF,” keeping daytime temps higher than nighttime temps, caused stems to grow longer. More recently researchers have discovered this effect comes from differential expression of enzymes that degrade gibberellins, a group of hormones that regulate plant growth."
    Just read the full article says won’t slow growth and makes buds grow closer together,iTop reply!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast