Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How can we deal with this heat?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: How can we deal with this heat?

Hi guys,

Need some help with this heat. My temps are hitting 33°+ now and I'm in my final 4 weeks.

I have asked previously about AC and tried to purchase the recommended Mini Mancor, but the deal was too good to be true and it turned out to be an ebay scam. However, it was quite lucky i didnt get it as the extractor would have been extracting out of the grow room but not out the building, and so there would have been an issue with smell.

I am wondering if there is an AC without the extractor? I know those things kick out a bit of heat and so seem counterintuitive but they must cool down a room, even with the heat generated at the rear because thats what they're for???

I was quite tempted to build a water pump that passed water through an aquarium water chiller, and round some copper pipe matrix type thing, connected to a fan so it blew cold air onto/into the room. But aquarium water chillers are £200+ and so Im thinking I could possibly put that amount of money to better use.

Any help appreciated....

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Brovashift View Post
    Have you used one of these? It says that it humidifies as well, so am just cautious re humidity levels. Last thing I need at this stage is bud rot catching me out...
    No never use one, just seen it on TV. All you hear and read about Heat causing Fuck up yells and low thc is all nonecent. I have grown plenty of plants in 99degrees closet using CFL's and they were all lovely smokes. THC is in the genes of the plant, and there is no way to increase or decrease the amount. You either pick at the right time for Rated THC levels, or you pick a little before or a little behind, which might cause less THC. JMO"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

Brutalkillshot5 (27-06-18), GEORGE (27-06-18), Valentina (27-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

Hi guys,

Need some help with this heat. My temps are hitting 33°+ now and I'm in my final 4 weeks.

I have asked previously about AC and tried to purchase the recommended Mini Mancor, but the deal was too good to be true and it turned out to be an ebay scam. However, it was quite lucky i didnt get it as the extractor would have been extracting out of the grow room but not out the building, and so there would have been an issue with smell.

I am wondering if there is an AC without the extractor? I know those things kick out a bit of heat and so seem counterintuitive but they must cool down a room, even with the heat generated at the rear because thats what they're for???

I was quite tempted to build a water pump that passed water through an aquarium water chiller, and round some copper pipe matrix type thing, connected to a fan so it blew cold air onto/into the room. But aquarium water chillers are £200+ and so Im thinking I could possibly put that amount of money to better use.

Any help appreciated....
    yeah that is hot! What time do your lights come on?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Hi guys,

Any help appreciated....
    Google (Portable AC as seen on TV) Something like you was going to make, fairly cheep.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

THCBrova (27-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benson123 View Post
    yeah that is hot! What time do your lights come on?
    Lights are on 9pm - off 9am

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (27-06-18), GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

Dont look at the temps 🙈🙈🙈

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (01-07-18), GEORGE (27-06-18), Valentina (27-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by locky_7 View Post
    Dont look at the temps ������

My mate doesn't look at temps... but surely you're leaving yourself open to fuck ups, or at the very least a less quality smoke and quantity yield?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18), locky_7 (27-06-18)

Thanks

My mate doesn't look at temps... but surely you're leaving yourself open to fuck ups, or at the very least a less quality smoke and quantity yield?
    Correct!!! But i still dont look haha as long as u have plenty of air flow you should get decent bud, you will yield alot less though

15. The Following User Says Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Google (Portable AC as seen on TV) Something like you was going to make, fairly cheep.
    Have you used one of these? It says that it humidifies as well, so am just cautious re humidity levels. Last thing I need at this stage is bud rot catching me out...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18), WF420 (27-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by locky_7 View Post
    Correct!!! But i still dont look haha as long as u have plenty of air flow you should get decent bud, you will yield alot less though

Cant afford to yield a lot less lol.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCBrova For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-18), locky_7 (27-06-18)

Thanks

Good lick 🤣🤣🤣
    Cant afford to yield a lot less lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post: