Thread: Please help. Is this the end?

Thanks

Default Please help. Is this the end?

Hi,

I germinated some seeds but due to not being ready with all the equipment, I had to leave them a bit longer than I probably should have and they ended up sprouting leaves in the paper towel. At least some of them. The tap root was 1-2 inches, so I dug as big a hole as I could to put them into the rockwool, and now have then on a heat mat (buffered by some plastic containers). I hope I didn't leave them too long but this is my first time, so I dont really know. I was hoping some experienced people can guide me on the path to best save them or should I bin them and peg this down to beginners luck? Some of them look ok, but seem a bit tall. Do you think this is recoverable?

They are covered by a clear lid, although the pic doesnt show that. They have 110W T5 and they are in 50-90% humidity (I spray them to maintain) with about 26-29 deg C. After letting them down by my mismanagement at the start of their life, how can I best take care of them to hope for a recovery, if that is possible.

I have rockwool ph'd overnight to 5.5 in bottled water, and then formulex added at EC 0.6 for an hour or so.

The two cubes on the left, have two seeds germinating (hopefully) directly in the rockwool. I figured I should try that in case some of the others don't make it. There is 1 White Widow and 5 Super Silver Haze. Rather embarrassingly, I lost track of which one is White Widow

Thanks for any guidance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	362484

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calif123 For This Useful Post:

Cooky2992 (30-06-18), GEORGE (30-06-18), Greengrass (30-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

First things first, you need to get your light source closer to them, they're stretching towards the light. You don't want leggy plants.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Cooky2992 (30-06-18), GEORGE (30-06-18), Greengrass (30-06-18), Kurdt (30-06-18), M_C (30-06-18)

Thanks

Cant believe I didnt think of that! I've just gone through and lowered as far as I can without it getting too hot. From the photo do you think these will end up being too lanky? Thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calif123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-18), Greengrass (30-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Quote Originally Posted by calif123 View Post
    Cant believe I didnt think of that! I've just gone through and lowered as far as I can without it getting too hot. From the photo do you think these will end up being too lanky? Thanks!
    That’s how there supposed to look mate,it’s all good,plant them rock wool cubes in some pots and keep the light close but not to close as to burn or stress them.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-18), Greengrass (30-06-18), WF420 (30-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by calif123 View Post
    You could cut down the one side of a few drinking straws and wrap them around the stems and pin the bottoms into the opening of the rockwool holes to support them. They'll be fine 😉

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-18), Greengrass (30-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Everything sounds good, just the waiting will kill you 😁

I hate germination. I'm like a mother hen checking on them every 30mins.

Patience is a virtue, apparently

Edit. Picture isn't loading for me but seems like your well on your way. Can't even blame been stoned, just a dope
    Last edited by UpT0wn; 30-06-18 at 11:55 AM.
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Maintain your environment and see how they do, dont worry about supporting them until they cant hold their own weight

You could add a bit of rhizo to the water to help bring in the roots then when theyre showing out the cube put them in whatever medium youre using and just bury the stem a little 👍

Good luck mate!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-18)