Thread: Grow room fan changes

Thanks

Default Grow room fan changes

Hi guys after recent discussion I'm considering changing my extraction set up.
    I'm currently running x2 4" inlet and outlet fans. Both 100 cubic metres capacity
    I'm thinking of changing the inlet to a 210 cubic metres 6" intake and the exhaust to a 5" 330 cubic metres maximum exhaust fan. I currently run led lights but it can still reach as high as 35 degrees in the room at the minute (loft space with a insulated room built in)
    I'm currently exhaust my inlet from a bathroom vent. I'm after trying to get something to maintain temps as I plan on growing all year round
    Thankyou

Edit:I forgot to mention the room is 1.4x 1.2 with the roof 1.2m at the highest level (attic space)
    Thankyou

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corblimey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-18), tom222 (01-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Extraction fan always needs to be bigger than intake. This is for you to achieve negative pressure which is a must to create a smell free environment. Have you got a disused chimney you can vent outta of ? Do you have a roof vent ( looks like a lifted slate ) ? Have you got a air brick on the gable end if you have a gable end . Do you have breathable soffits or eves ? Then where are you dragging air in from. Outside or inside like a spare room ?

Sent from a green and pleasant land

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (01-07-18), ganja.lad (01-07-18), GEORGE (01-07-18)

Thanks

hi bud apologies for the late reply been a while since I was last on here.
    I've now updated my fans. I have. 6" black orchid 290 m3p/h and a 5" exhaust with 245 m3 per hour. however the exhaust also has a high setting to run 330.
    I intake though my bathroom through an adjustable air vent. when the exhaust is now on low on colder days I just shut the vent and thus far I've had no issues. the intake I've also put a dryer vent flap on so it closes when the fan is not running sealing in the smell

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corblimey For This Useful Post:

British green (15-07-18), GEORGE (13-07-18)

Thanks

also I already vent out of the chimney

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corblimey For This Useful Post:

British green (15-07-18), GEORGE (13-07-18)