Thread: Going away for month should I freeze newly cropped buds ?

Thanks

Default Going away for month should I freeze newly cropped buds ?

I am going away for a month at exact time my two plants will be ready so I cannot dry and cure it. Originally I thought I would just hang it in my dry warm shed for a month but a friend said that was not a good idea. they suggested freezing the buds - please could I have some advice on when to cut the plant down ie whether I should dry a bit before freezing or freeze fresh buds? And then what to do on my return when I unfreeze the buds? Or other advice on how to keep my crop from being ruined.

Thanks in advance guys xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jillymarie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-18), MonsterEnergy (07-07-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymarie View Post
    I am going away for a month at exact time my two plants will be ready so I cannot dry and cure it. Originally I thought I would just hang it in my dry warm shed for a month but a friend said that was not a good idea. they suggested freezing the buds - please could I have some advice on when to cut the plant down ie whether I should dry a bit before freezing or freeze fresh buds? And then what to do on my return when I unfreeze the buds? Or other advice on how to keep my crop from being ruined.

Thanks in advance guys xx
    Seven p’s, prior planning and preparation, prevents piss poor performance, you should have planned around this lol

Better to try and let the buds dry imo, can’t just freeze them, but I’ve never frozen bud. I’ve had plenty of frosty bud though lol

Can you get a pic of the plants up? How long till you go away, and how long until they finish?

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

I am a pure novice so my thoughts dont have much weight...but from what i read freezing isnt a god idea, how about putting them directly in sealed jars, bring out to dry once u get home then back in the jars again?
    I am everyone and i am no one.

2 x CBD Lemon Potion Auto and 2 x LSD Auto
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...d-2-x-LSD-Auto(finished)

SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL Autoflowering Feminised
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ring-Feminised(finished with 6oz)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

id cut them down early and dry em b4 going,
    better to lose a bit of weight than the alternative

jarring them when wet will give you moldy bud,

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-18), W.S (11-07-18)

Macky Guest

As monster said, straight into jars, they’ll go mouldy and rot.

Looks like you’re gonna have to cut them early, it’ll still be decent, maybe, but better than a dead crop, or a mouldy one lol.

Chop at least a week before you go, as you’ll need them to be dry before you go so you can jar/ store it

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-18), MonsterEnergy (07-07-18), W.S (11-07-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i've cut early b4, just makes the smoke more up/racy but still sorta enjoyable
    definitely better than letting them dry for a month or jarring em up early

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-18), W.S (11-07-18)

Thanks

Thanks for replies
    Last edited by Jillymarie; 08-07-18 at 01:23 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jillymarie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-18), W.S (11-07-18)

Thanks

Thanks for replies - I am novice this is second time growing and they are in my greenhouse.. They are auto flowering and are 68 days from sprouting and instructions said 60 - 75 days until ready. Around 40% of pistals are brown in some buds and none in other buds. Will they be ready in a week do you think? I have read that freezing is great if you dry for 4 days first. But I get the sense that you guys are suggesting dry first then put in jar and leave for month without burping or emptying out occasionally ? Perhaps I should do both - dry for 4-6 days until leaf stem snaps freeze half - store in jar other half. Does that sound sendible?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jillymarie For This Useful Post:

G' (08-07-18), GEORGE (08-07-18), W.S (11-07-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymarie View Post
    Thanks for replies - I am novice this is second time growing and they are in my greenhouse.. They are auto flowering and are 68 days from sprouting and instructions said 60 - 75 days until ready. Around 40% of pistals are brown in some buds and none in other buds. Will they be ready in a week do you think? I have read that freezing is great if you dry for 4 days first. But I get the sense that you guys are suggesting dry first then put in jar and leave for month without burping or emptying out occasionally ? Perhaps I should do both - dry for 4-6 days until leaf stem snaps freeze half - store in jar other half. Does that sound sendible?
    Have you checked the trichomes? You’ll need a loupe, or usb microscope, you need to look at the thc crystal close up, to see what colour they are, clear, milky, or amber.

It’s good to cut at least 90% milky, 10% amber imo.

For me, I’d dry them, and when you go away, on the day, put them in jars with some brovida humidity packs, get 62% one for a few quid each jar.

That should keep the bud at a good humidity and add moisture back to the buds if over dried. That’d be my plan I reckon

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-18), Jillymarie (10-07-18), MonsterEnergy (08-07-18)