Thread: 1st Time Growing Outside - Centre bud ready to harvest but yellow leaves

Thanks

Default 1st Time Growing Outside - Centre bud ready to harvest but yellow leaves

Heya all, growing in a greenhouse with a White Skunk Auto, she had a bit of a rough start and she's really come along since I put her in the ground. She's been super healthy with very green leaves with absolutely no issues.

The centre stem I'd say is ready to harvest but the rest of the buds aren't, the past two days the leaves started yellowing and very easy to just pick off. Is this heat stress related due to this hot weather we've had here in the UK? Root issues? Or just the plant knowing that bud in the middle doesn't need any more love, or just not getting enough light due to the other buds around it growing up even further.

Can I cut the centre bud off? I don't want to stress the plant and the stem is quite thick. Do I trim the buds off individually?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

rsz_img_8509.jpg rsz_img_8510.jpg rsz_img_8512.jpg
    Learning the ropes... All comments & feedback are greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subtle For This Useful Post:

hotshot (09-07-18)

Thanks

Update - Further hunting this eve to look at trimming some buds off... I found a patch of mold... being the center bud it's obviously been getting hotter in the middle and not as much air flow.... I'm absolutely gutted.. but that explains why the buds on this branch were so much smaller than the others.

I have decided to chop it off and fingers crossed it won't stress the rest of the plant too much. All of the lower bud on that branch I have binned, but some of the top bits seem to have no mold on them, they may be thin bodied but still worth me drying and curing?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Subtle For This Useful Post:

hotshot (09-07-18)

Thanks

I threw any away which had the slightest bit of mould on it.. the top part was okay? That should be fine shouldn't it? Or do I throw the whole thing away?

rsz_1rsz_img_8516.jpg

This is the top part... all looks gravy and is drying possibly ready for a trial this weekend?

rsz_img_8518.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Subtle For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,551 Times in 3,405 Posts

i was gonna say those brown leaves maybe could be mold. keep a close eye on it bc once it starts its nearly impossible to stop it. cutting the center bud off wont stress it out. i do this all the time(cutting buds off) when one my plants get infected with mold.
    Never argue with an IDIOT, he will lower you to his level and beat you by experience!

2018 Outdoor extravaganza http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

AND (11-07-18), hotshot (14-07-18), Subtle (12-07-18)