Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this seedling have a problem? (Pics)

Thanks

Default Does this seedling have a problem? (Pics)

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, and new to growing! Ive started my first grow, using a red cherry berry seed from barneys farm. I have a small DS60 tent, with extractor and rhino filter, and a 250W sunmaster HPS lamp on a 20/4 schedule.

This plant broke ground on 7th july, and seemed fine - Yesterday the pot was bone dry, so i gave it a watering, but today i noticed she had drooped down a bit. On closer inspection, the ends of the tiny fan leaves are yellowing. I wanted to ask as if its a problem as its better to know early, right?

My light was around 6-8" away, though i have moved it to 12" away now. Also, temp in the tent was pushing 40c, but have cooled it down now to low 30's. (It's 30c in uk right now, and the south facing rooms get very hot!)

I have supported her with a paper clip also, though wanted your opinions on weather there is any issue at all?

Thanks guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5837.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	362867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5839.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	362868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5842.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	362869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5845.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	362870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5847.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	362871

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuckatan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), Greengrass (09-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Probably just the soil a little hot for her, she should grow into it

But I'd be more concerned at the temps
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), Greengrass (09-07-18), tuckatan (09-07-18)

Thanks

Awesome, thanks man, I'm getting quite attached to it and dont want it to wilt away!

Yea, im considering air con, as it was real hot in there - I had a filter on the bottom air intake hole, to stop moths going in there chasing the light, but i think it was restricting air flow, so ive removed it and got some mesh on the way to stop any larger bugs getting in. have placed a fan blowing cool air toward the vent hole also, and temps are right now at 33.7c, so besides an air con unit, i dont know what to do!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuckatan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), Ironman (09-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tuckatan View Post
    Awesome, thanks man, I'm getting quite attached to it and dont want it to wilt away!

Yea, im considering air con, as it was real hot in there - I had a filter on the bottom air intake hole, to stop moths going in there chasing the light, but i think it was restricting air flow, so ive removed it and got some mesh on the way to stop any larger bugs getting in. have placed a fan blowing cool air toward the vent hole also, and temps are right now at 33.7c, so besides an air con unit, i dont know what to do!
    You could always disconnect the filter from your exhaust fan.

You don't particularly need to clean the air right now as there's no stinky flowers yet. I connect mine about 3 weeks into veg.

You'll be surprised how much extra pulling power your fan has with out a filter attached.

Hope that helps a bit. 😉

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), tuckatan (09-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    You could always disconnect the filter from your exhaust fan.

You don't particularly need to clean the air right now as there's no stinky flowers yet. I connect mine about 3 weeks into veg.

You'll be surprised how much extra pulling power your fan has with out a filter attached.

Hope that helps a bit. ��

Thanks for the reply!

Problem is, as my tent is small, its crammed in, and is an absolute testicular pain to remove it. It was bad enough when setting up, was about 30c outside, sweating buckets, realised I'd put the extractor on the filter the wrong way and had to redo! lol

If I cant control the temp any better, I may just do as you suggested, although, i may just get air con for my own and the little plants comfort! Pic attached!

Maybe the squashed ducting is preventing further air flow too... starting to wish i got a bigger tent! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5848[1457].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	362873

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuckatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!

Problem is, as my tent is small, its crammed in, and is an absolute testicular pain to remove it. It was bad enough when setting up, was about 30c outside, sweating buckets, realised I'd put the extractor on the filter the wrong way and had to redo! lol

If I cant control the temp any better, I may just do as you suggested, although, i may just get air con for my own and the little plants comfort! Pic attached!

Maybe the squashed ducting is preventing further air flow too... starting to wish i got a bigger tent! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5848[1457].jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	362873
    I know what you mean. I used to grow in an 80x 80 tent, it's a nightmare squeezing it all in.

Pain in the arse I know but you could put all of that on the outside of the tent if possible.

If you like I can try sort you out a diagram of how I reversed my exhaust system.air con is easier mind lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18)

Thanks

I know what you mean. I used to grow in an 80x 80 tent, it's a nightmare squeezing it all in.

Pain in the arse I know but you could put all of that on the outside of the tent if possible.

If you like I can try sort you out a diagram of how I reversed my exhaust system.air con is easier mind lol

I was thinking of having the extractor fan and filter externally, though I have seen that it isnt as effective blowing through the filter rather than sucking through, which is the main reason i left it internal. I could duct to an external air box with the filter inside, which sucks the air from in the tent, through the filter which can then blow the clean air out through the extractor, but if i am entirely honest, i might jsut put up the few hundred notes for the air con! haha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuckatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking of having the extractor fan and filter externally, though I have seen that it isnt as effective blowing through the filter rather than sucking through, which is the main reason i left it internal. I could duct to an external air box with the filter inside, which sucks the air from in the tent, through the filter which can then blow the clean air out through the extractor, but if i am entirely honest, i might jsut put up the few hundred notes for the air con! haha
    Hard work and alot of pissing about?

Or

Spend some money and put your feet up?

Sun's out I know what I'd do lol.💷💰😉

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), tuckatan (09-07-18)

Thanks

Hard work and alot of pissing about?

Or

Spend some money and put your feet up?

Sun's out I know what I'd do lol.������

It's the sun being out that is my main problem with the temp!! Which is unusual in the UK as I'm sure you are aware lol.

Air con it is! Gotta keep the plants happy, and have a few beers in the sun, rather than creating a ad hoc, probably shitty ventilation system! haha.

Appreciate the help IronMan! I'm confident I'll have plenty more issues to stick under your nose in the coming weeks lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuckatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's the sun being out that is my main problem with the temp!! Which is unusual in the UK as I'm sure you are aware lol.

Air con it is! Gotta keep the plants happy, and have a few beers in the sun, rather than creating a ad hoc, probably shitty ventilation system! haha.

Appreciate the help IronMan! I'm confident I'll have plenty more issues to stick under your nose in the coming weeks lol
    No problem pal, that's what we are here for.

Starting a diary is always easier to help with any issues. That way if you do run into problems it will be picked up quicker and everyone will have all the info to advise correctly too.

If you decide to start a diary you can always PM me if you need a hand setting it up or which section to put it in. 😉

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-18), M_C (09-07-18), Priapus (09-07-18), tuckatan (09-07-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast