Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Evening all, first time growing and I am going guerrilla

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

Default Evening all, first time growing and I am going guerrilla

I have posted about this in the outdoor section but being the noob that I am didn't realise how much more active this section of the forum is so I will keep posting here for a while

I was going originally to be setting up a small indoor grow, I had a few friends who weren't going to be growing anymore due to kids/partners etc (FFS this is when you need a smoke the most haha) and told me I could have all their equipment for free but that was maybe 2months ago and I'm yet to even see so much as a pot from anyone!

So being impatient and also wanting to have a homegrown smoke before Xmas has prompted me o take things into my own hands and I'm going to try a guerilla grow

I have found a few spots (thank you Google maps) I've 'walked the dog' to a couple of them to see them in person and yep they seem great, they just look like overgrown trees and shrubs with a bit of nettles and brambles from the outside but inside is a nice sized open space for I'm guessing 3/4 plants.

I I went a bit crazy on seedsman and ordered maybe 30/35 seeds of maybe of about 15-20 strains a couple of autos and a handful of fems, their deals had me hooked, especially the bitcoin promo! I can put up a list of the seeds if anyone is interested.

So i was going to go Coco with the indoor idea, but now I'm gonna try guerrilla I've bought a few things to try and help with planting them in the dirt not pots;
    • Westland mp compost w/ john Inness
    • doff chicken manure pellets
    • doff fish blood and bone
    • doff peat free lightweight MP compost
    • slug pellets
    • doff slow release fert & water storing crystals
    • ive also got a few bricks of Coco coir
    What else should I add to my shopping list(already bought the above)

Anyway I plan on keeping a diary to keep everyone posted on how my grow is going.

Tbh I will probably only be able to visit the sites maybe 1 X a week or 1 X two weeks so any tips on this would be appreciated

I couldn't wait anymore and had an hour or so free today. So decided screw it lets take the dog for a walk and get one of the sites prepped. Well it was horrendous, carrying 7L of water plus compost, fbb, a shovel, chicken manure, coco brick and a dog on a lead in this weather is ridiculous, definitely gonna try and streamline things for me next site.

I dug up he dirt (bone dry and super hard, thank you current UK heatwave) mixed in 10L of coco half a bag of Westland MP w/john innes and FBB, I also put a handful of chicken manure pellets at the bottom of the hole then mixed in a bit more on top. Unfortunately I only had about 2L worth of water left after drinking some and the dog obviously needing some and rehydrating the coco brick, so I poured that all over and mixed everything in a bit more. I'm hoping it's enough for now.

What's everyone's opinion on what I have to my site so far, any advice tips?

Also my seeds should be arriving in the next few days so when they get here I will start germinating them and give them 2/3 weeks to toughen up before transplanting them to the site, does this sound ok?

Thank you for reading that essay, I look forward to everyone's input.
    Last edited by Mr_Motion; 11-07-18 at 06:54 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

AND (11-07-18), GEORGE (11-07-18), Wanju (21-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Hi & welcome to the talk. You've come to the right place

Yeah, put up your list. Very easy to overdo on the seed ordering side, soooo many nice looking strains about now...

Sounds like a good plan, maybe add a bit of perlite (if not already there, water storing crystals ??) to give roots some air space and retain a bit of moisture. Never done an outdoor grow myself but there are plenty here who can help and give guidance, sure someone will pop in when the footie's finished

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-18), Wanju (21-07-18)

Thanks

Yeah totally agree I got sucked in by all the promos seedsman had I just kinda went a bit mad haha.

Ok so ere is the list of seeds I got on the way;
    C4 - Auto Feminised - fast buds
    Ultra White Amnesia Feminised - MOC
    Autopilot XXL Auto Feminised - MOC
    Northern Lights MOC Feminised - MOC
    Peppermint Kush Feminised - Barneys Farm
    White Widow Express Auto Feminised - Phoenix Seeds
    Diesel auto fem - RQS
    Kush auto - seedsman
    Dark Devil auto - sweet seeds
    Exodus cheese fem - green house seeds
    Red diesel fem - barnys farm
    Blueberry domina auto - MOC

Well re: perlite. I added the coco coir as I thought that did a similar thing (improve aeration?) Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was contemplating adding water crystals by wasn't 100% sure.

Looking forward to your suggestions though guys

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Some tasties there what you doing first then ?

Some add perlite as it also retains some moisture, nutes and it stops soil compaction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-18)

Thanks

Not sure tbh since I've got 3 possible sights, etc to visit the other 2 in person (bad I know but it is way it is lol)
    But I was thinking C4, dark devil and blueberry domina. Since they are supposed to be short decent yeild and pretty hardy, I will look closer at them as I want the ones with the best mould resistance as I'm yet to figure out a drying solution. Which may end up as the DIY clothes box dryer (basically a cardboard box for storing suits, with a pc fan and AC carbon filter and passive vents to create negative pressure)

Or hanging the crop in a bicycle storage tent and let it dry?

Ok that makes sense, I just used Coco as I read a few diaries etc that said you could grow in Coco no added perlite etc so I thought why not add it to the compost if it allows good aeration on its own...? :S

But yeah I can see it preventing compaction.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-18)

Thanks

Little update I have now popped some seed into water ready for potting tomorrow

I have gone with;
    WW express - phoenix seeds
    Autopilot XXL - MOC
    2 X C4 - Fast buds

All auto fems, and apparently 7-9 weeks from seed to harvest on all three, also all 3 are supposed to have fairly good mould resistance so here is to hoping I have something to harvest by the end of sept (longshot I know)

Also I had 3 sites all planned out but 2 of them were compromised (basically the 1 site I left a stick standing upright in the dirt so I could find it again and went back a few days ago and the stick was gone but someone had dug a hole where the stick was, the other site whilst I was scouting it out I had a visit from 3 separate dogs, which clearly meant people would be around soon enough, so now I'm left with 1 and luckily it's the one I dug up the other day), so now I'm down to just 1 site I'm gonna try all 4 plants in the 1 location and hope it stays quiet at least until after I have harvested.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-18)

Thanks

Ok so here's a little update they have finally sprouted through the soil!

I feared they were a bit too cold on the window sill and leaving the pots outside didn't seem to help.

So last night I popped them in the attic as I thought it's always hot up there and sure enough just checked on them and they have finally made themselves visible.

2 of them are maybe 2-3 inches high, but the other 2 are only maybe 1/2 an inch and are bent over facing back down o the soil?

Will they straighten out or are they useless?

I will attach a pic in a bit.

How long should I leave them in the attic?
    I don't have any lights available to me, I was going to pop them on the window sill or outside on the patio as they will end up at my geurrilla site.

Also the fact that all 4 sprouted I'm guessing is a good thing or is it too early to say?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Way to go brother looking forward to your updates, nice one mukka, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-18), Mr_Motion (18-07-18)

Thanks

So here's the picture updates,
    I've also decided I'm going to keep one of the babies here in my garden as then I've definitely got one and I can also use it as a rough guage as to how the other plants are getting along
    (I know different environment etc but surely the one at home will give a rough indication of how the other 'wild' ones are doing, meaning less visits

Anyway here it goes;
    1st pic_14th July
    2nd pic_18th July am
    3rd pic_18th July pm
    4th pic_19th July am
    5th pic_19th July pm

I put them in the sun today 19th July for maybe 2 hours total and they seem to have liked it

Am I right in keeping the half bottle domes over them for a while longer?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180714_181449.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	363215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180718_091004.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	363216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180718_153503.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	363217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180719_090959.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	363218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180719_194357.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	363219

Sent from SPACE using LASERS
    Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

G' (20-07-18), GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks

Her are some update pics not a huge amount going on but should I be a bit worried about the bottom left plant she seems to be getting quite leggy and is very wobbly if I move the pot?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180721_174440.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	363272

Thinking about it they all seem kinda leggy would it be worth putting some more mp in the pots so more of the stem is covered?

Sent from SPACE using LASERS
    Last edited by Mr_Motion; 21-07-18 at 05:51 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-07-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast