Thread: Second grow on here, just a bit of advice needed.

Thanks

Default Second grow on here, just a bit of advice needed.

Hi guys on second grow here and will be putting up another diary hopefully soonish.
    Last time I grew autos I just put them straight into final pots and it worked out just fine, but I can’t remember if I completely saturated the pot or not. I poured a small amount of water around the seed site an I’ve just carefully put the seeds in the pots and sprinkled 4mm or so of soil on top which is what I did before and will clingfilm them tomorrow. Do I need to spray some water on or will that be enough? Cheers

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skynexer For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-07-18), GEORGE (12-07-18), MonsterEnergy (15-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

I have always used small pots, water them thoroughly, small amount of run off. Plant the popped seed. Spray the top if it needs it and cover. I would spray maybe 2-3 times a day to keep the humidity up and keep covered until the her leaves are showing.

Don't overwater, don't underwater 👍

Edit: I know it's recommended to use final pots for autos. Didn't seem to make any difference to me
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-07-18), GEORGE (13-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

What you have done is fine, saturating the pots when there seedlings isn’t ideal. You want the medium moist and not soaked. Lightly water around the seedling over the next week or two until the roots and plant are established.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (14-07-18), GEORGE (14-07-18), Skynexer (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

I killed a seed this time around by watering to much.

Plant drowns, need some air for the roots

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-18), Skynexer (16-07-18)

Thanks

Cheers for the advice, the 6 have popped up And looking better than my last lot.. so feeling relaxed about that. (First few days that always spook me). I’ll take your advice blue and just lightly water around the seedling and not soak them. Gonna get a diary up by tomorrow hopefully ��

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skynexer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skynexer View Post
    Hi guys on second grow here and will be putting up another diary hopefully soonish.
    Last time I grew autos I just put them straight into final pots and it worked out just fine, but I can’t remember if I completely saturated the pot or not. I poured a small amount of water around the seed site an I’ve just carefully put the seeds in the pots and sprinkled 4mm or so of soil on top which is what I did before and will clingfilm them tomorrow. Do I need to spray some water on or will that be enough? Cheers
    hiya bach.........imo upon potting anything up wether be a seed cutting or a fully vegged plant !!! ewe should always presoak the whole medium in the new pots before transplanting !! then after ewe plant the bugger water it in aswell .... the last thing ewe want to do is create dry soil pockets within the medium......that sure will stunt them + hinder the root growth !!!! . atb

btw canna actually likes a drop of water see......well mine do ive 3 plants in 7 litre pots supping 2 litres each every 24 hours !!!
    Last edited by Captain Beefheart; 16-07-18 at 11:07 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-07-18)